HOW TO STAY ENERGIZED WHEN YOU ARE EXHAUSTED
I fantasize about sleep in what might be considered an unhealthy way, but let’s be honest – it’s the plight of most parents of littles who are still in the process of learning how to sleep through the night. My youngest, Baker, recently turned the seven-month mark and really loves to wake up at least three times throughout the night to make sure that mommy is still around. This is my first lesson in not comparing one child to another. My daughter, now three, was sleeping twelve-hours uninterrupted by six months. She was sleeping circles around Baker’s current schedule. Sleep certainly isn’t a competition, yet somehow I am losing. The bags under my eyes get darker each month and there’s only a certain amount of caffeine I can ingest before the jitters render me equally inept as I am tired.
You might have perfect sleepers, or not be a parent, but I know that you have experienced the level of exhaustion and survival I am describing. The type of fatigue that, in addition to making your eyes droop like Droopy the Dog, makes your body feel weak and your mind lethargic. Now, with exhaustion and with seasons of tiredness, there is always eventually an end in sight, but let’s be honest – it’s really not always in sight, so we need to learn how to thrive and stay energized even when exhausted.
Let’s go about energizing ourselves the way I go about my daily caffeine fix – in quick bites, like little shots of espresso, because, let’s be honest, espresso works best. I wish I could just IV it into my arms and am already dreaming about having Santa bring me an espresso machine of my own next Christmas!
QUICK ENERGY BOOST #1
HAVE PURPOSE THAT NATURALLY ENERGIZES YOU
QUICK ENERGY BOOST #2
SIMPLIFY YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS
QUICK ENERGY BOOST #3
RECHARGE YOURSELF INTENTIONALLY
- Taking a quick power shower (because, let’s face it, a bath as a mom isn’t always realistic)
- A three-minute book break (because sometimes turning off all technology and saying that you have time to read gives a natural boost)
- A bite of chocolate (because chocolate is always a mood-enhancer)
- Taking fun runs (because I want my exercise to be fun and I will workout more often, and therefore feel better and more energized, if I make sure to make my runs fun in some way or another)
- Intentional, totally present play time (because we are never too old to play, and because my kids love this – this bonding time revs my spirit up with natural energy that beats coffee every time)
- Putting my foot down on comparison to others (because I know it’ll always still happen, and I know that it steals my joy – and therefore energy – so when I feel myself looking outside of my own lane or feeling less than because of someone else, I pinch myself and speak words of affirmation, love and kindness to myself about my uniqueness)
- Saying “no” to email (because too many of us let email rule our live and our to-do lists; instead I try to have set times for email, which gives me the upper hand in my schedule and stress levels)
- Look for a quick laugh (because we need laughter, every day, and the more of it we get, the better, more energized we will feel; when I’m in need, I grab a dose by tickling my baby, chasing my toddler, or YouTubing The Ellen Show or some of my favorite stand up comedians)
- Drinking 12 oz. of ice cold water (because being well-hydrated will give you a natural energy boost and the crisp coolness of the cold water also serves as a little wake up call)
PS: Sometimes, in our seasons of exhaustion, all it takes is an extra coach to push us daily to stick with a mindset of energy, action and abundance, and I would love to be that consistent voice of encouragement for you. All you have to do to get my unwavering support is to come pull up a chair in The College of Confidence.
What do you get for just $47/month (something I charge my individual clients upwards of $1,000/month for?)….?
- You get four coaching videos per month.
- You get four live video coaching sessions per month.
- You get hundreds of hours of archived coaching videos.
- You get 24/7 forum access and support from me.
- You get the push you need – and encouragement – and strategy, to take your business to the next level.
Oh, and there’s no need to worry about whether or not you have enough time to make your membership count. The College of Confidence is bite-sized coaching and support for when you need it – it works around your schedule and around how much or how little you want to be supported.
Make today count – it only takes three minutes to enroll and I cannot wait to connect with you and help you stay energized for new levels of confidence, courage and success! Rev your energy and belief by enrolling here > www.trishblackwell.com/college