I’ve never borrowed sugar from a neighbor, but I wish I had. Most likely this is because I don’t do a lot of baking, nor do I use many recipes that call for sugar, but nevertheless, I love the image of hospitality and warmth that comes with sharing sugar with a neighbor, particularly at this time of year. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Even the word itself emanates warmth to me as I type it out. Warm, hospitality, family, friends, gratitude, cheer and pumpkin spiced lattes. Actually, pumpkin spice of any kind will do.
Consider me your neighbor. And instead of sugar today, I’m offering you some spice. I want to help you put more spice into your life. We all need more spice in our life – that is, an ability to appreciate the gift of the present with vigor and enthusiasm – and to be reminded to do it. It is far too easy to get lost in the day-to-day of life, forgetting as we go just how precious a single day is. As Dale Carnegie wrote: Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.
Live today with gusto. Another way of saying that is to live today with spice, and you can live today with spice by trying out some of the following suggestions:
- Do something today with your absolute full engagement and with stellar enthusiasm; it doesn’t matter what you pick to do, just do something and go at it with your full heart.
- Go out of your way to do something kind for someone you don’t know very well
- Call (don’t text or Facebook message) a relative you haven’t spoken to recently and just let them know that you’re thinking about them and wanted to say hi
- Take long walk around your neighborhood and be the first to say hello to anyone you see
- Hit the gym and do something different for your workout that you don’t usually do; variety in workouts always produces the best physical results.
- Drive a new route to or from work and take some back roads or “the long way”
- Have yourself a craft day or afternoon and just let your creative juices flow
- Send someone an unexpected gift or card in the mail just to let them know they are special and that you are thinking of them
- Spend a few hours in your local bookstore: buy a book or magazine that pertains to a hobby you enjoy, buy one that promotes your career or education, and buy one that makes you laugh.
- Engage your enthusiasm by indulging in something you absolutely love – this could be a small pleasure in the kitchen, a trip to the movie theatre, a coffee with a friend, researching a trip you want to take or a hobby you enjoy.
And since I’m being neighborly with my spice today, it is only neighborly of me to make sure you have accepted your invitation to attend my free live webinar this Tuesday, November 25th, 2014. You have three time options to attend, and I promise to send out a replay (only to those who signed up and grabbed a spot) in case you miss it because you’re on the road for Thanksgiving travel. So go ahead and accept my invitation by clicking on the link below and choosing to grab your spot at the 8am EST, 2pm EST or 8pm EST webinar.
In the webinar I’ll be covering:
- The Confidence Hierarchy of Needs, how it relates to you and how to positively influence others
- The 5 essential areas you must invest in personally so that ultimately you can reflect encouragement, empowerment and excellence in your daughter and / or those you influence
- The 10 activities of self-reflection that will empower you to feel confident physically and mentally and how to use those activities to help others feel positively about themselves as well
>>> Sign up for FREE at: http://www.trishblackwell.com/RoleModel/ <<<
Every day is a gift. It is the only today that we can be sure of, so seize your today with gusto and spice, and I promise you, everything will turn out nice.
See you on Tuesday at the webinar!