WHY CONFIDENCE MATTERS FOR MOMS
“Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.”
~ Larry Barretto
WELCOME TO THE SHOW!
WHY CONFIDENCE MATTERS FOR MOMS:
I was worried about being a good mom, until I decided to take action on my fears. I decided to cling to confidence, which I know is a choice and it is a mindset that is engaged in active living. As I waited the arrival of my little girl, I set my intentions on a few things:
I would trust in God’s plan.
My fears about not being a good enough mom, or the right mom disappear when I remember that God placed me with my baby for a reason. Of all of the millions of women in this world, God chose me to be Ellie’s mom. That gives me confidence. God knows more than me about why I am a good match for her, and I trust Him.
I would pray for my child and write down my prayers.
Writing down my prayers is something I have always loved doing, but now as mom I love it even more because it frees my heart to literally be able to see that I have given it – I have given my child – over to God. It gives me confidence that I am not in control.
I would invest in myself because I know that I can’t give what I don’t have.
I want to instill confidence and speak nothing but words of life to Ellie, but in order to do that, I must make sure that I have that to give out in the first place. I know too many moms who stop being themselves and stop investing in themselves completely when they become moms – all in an effort to love their children well – but ultimately jeopardizing the amount of love they can really give.
I would prioritize my husband and my relationship – and we would not lose our identities, our relationship and ourselves by being parents.
The greatest counsel we received as a couple in our pre-marital counseling was to put one another first, a concept that is uncommonly practiced in America. Often it is children first and then marriage second, and we wonder why over 50% of marriages end in divorce. My husband and I intend on being together forever – and by honoring one another and prioritizing the quality of our marriage we will be investing in our children by giving them a stable family environment as well as a living example of what a working and loving marriage looks like.
I would study parenting.
I am by no means an expert in parenting. In fact, I am the furthest thing from it, and I intend on being a learner in this area my entire life. Each phase of motherhood for me will present new opportunities to learn, new ways to love, new types of connection…from the time Ellie is a baby until the time she is a grown adult, my mothering will never stop and I have intended for it never to stop growing and changing. I am committed to humbly seeking out counsel from others in the form of advice, books, podcasts, counseling and even simple observation.
CONFIDENCE MATTERS FOR MOMS BECAUSE:
- Children mirror us; we learn less by what is intentionally taught and more through what is absorbed and observed.
- Children need leaders – they need someone who knows who they are and how can teach them that the world does not rotate around them, but that we are here to love and build up others
- We are simply better moms when we are confident. Moms are so busy and so self-sacrificing that they often put themselves last…little by little investing less and less into themselves, causing their confidence to crumble.
- Confidence is a subtle message that can empower a child in a multitude of ways – through character development of being courageous and brave and also through actionable performance, to have confidence to do anything they set their minds out to do.
- Confidence in being a good mom frees you up to continue being you in the other areas of your life – feeling confident as a mom will help you feel confident as a wife, thereby helping you have more confidence in your marriage and your relationship as well. Additionally by not losing your confidence as a mom you have the confidence to continue being you – to continue exploring your passions and your impact on the world around you.
- We make a million decisions as moms – the ability to trust ourselves, our instinct, our knowledge and our own understanding of our children’s personalities and needs, is freeing and will help us avoid and minimize anxiety in our lives.
BE A CONFIDENT MOM IN YOUR BOD:
Get instant access to your own copy of my free eBook, The 77 Secrets of Hot Moms at www.trishblackwell.com/77 and find out exactly how I lost all of my baby weight in eight weeks, as well as other secrets I have compiled from hot and confident moms I have worked with over the past ten years. Get your copy now at www.trishblackwell.com/77
- Want more confidence and inspiration in your life? Make sure you come like my Facebook Fan page at facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness and go check out my other top-ranked podcast show, Confidence on the Go at www.trishblackwell.com/podcasts
- Tell someone else about this show!
- Excited about this new show? Help me know that by writing a review in iTunes. I promise I personally read each review and that reviews are like little love letters to me.
“[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” ~ Gilda Radner
Now go out there and be more of who you are, be you, be free, be the confident mom that you are meant to be.
Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
Twitter – @trainerTRISH
Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
Instagram – @traintrishtrain