I have a mission for you. This mission, if you choose to accept it is ready for you to begin immediately. Here is your mission if you choose to accept it:
Yep, that’s it. I am rallying the troops for the last 17 days of 2013 and I know that you have just a bit more of awesomeness to give to finish out this year with the gusto it deserves.
Why the rally cry? Well, because it’s easy to get lost in the busyiness of the holiday season; this is the time of the year that it becomes easy to lose track of time and I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to lose out on the next 17 days. Furthermore, the mark of greatness is found in those who finish what they start. Champions are those who are better at the end than they were in the beginning. You are a champion, and you can still make 2013 a champion year.
The truth be told, I have been catching up on a show called Chuck on Netflix. Chuck is a regular guy, turned secret spy who works at the equivalent of a Best Buy as his cover. In the show his brother-in-law Devon is so awesome that they just call him Captain Awesome. In one of the most recent episodes I watched a typical life-or-death spy situation unfolded. Captain Awesome’s help was needed but no details of the mission could be shared with him. But Chuck figured out how to evoke the best out of Devon and as a result got the help he needed. All it took was a call to the mission. Imploring his brother-in-law, Chuck looked at Devon and just one thing: “just be awesome.”
Being awesome is a choice and I want you to choose it. Maximize these last 17 days of 2013 by being awesomely you. It’s not too late to complete your 2013 goals and it’s not too early to start working on your 2014 ones. The roadmap success is within your hands with the decision to be awesome.
Here is my personal awesomeness bucket list for the next 17 days. There are 17, one awesome point for each awesome day to come (in no particular order):
- Complete the manuscript for book #3 (95% there!)
- Make protein peppermint bark
- Meet my niece Penelope
- Create a super creative Christmas stocking for my husband to make our first Christmas together special
- Go for a walk with warm mulled wine
- Finish preliminary editing of completed manuscript
- Snowboarding trip with family
- Running date with my brother, as per holiday tradition
- Write 3 more chapters of book #4 (the book my husband and I are writing together)
- Finalize the layout of Confidence University (coming soon!)
- Coach belief in 2014 greatness with my podcast community
- Inspire myself with Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- Take self-assessment time to review my last 90 days of challenges, growth and lessons
- Build an awesome snowman
- Have tea with a friend
- Write my husband a poem
- Get my new app out and available to inspire and motivate in 2014
Create your own awesome list and go chase it.