Great men are not born great, they grow great.
-Mario Puzo, The Godfather
My mother always taught to surround myself with those whom I admire, for it is when we do so that we grow into traits of greatness and into better versions of ourselves. Earlier this week I spent three days with five of the biggest movers and shakers in the fitness industry. Part of Todd Durkin‘s mastermind, we surrounded ourselves with the breathtaking beauty of Park City, Utah and reflected upon our businesses.
The following list of truths are some simple lessons from the Park that resonate with me on many different levels:
- Everyone’s gift is different. Celebrate that.
- Find strength in one another’s strengths.
- Be okay with your weaknesses and focus on doing what you do best.
- Be bold. If you believe in something, climb the mountain and shout it from the top.
- Take time to surround yourself in nature’s beauty; it will refresh your mind, body and soul.
- Make moves or get moved.
- Stories move people’s souls, tell yours and inspire others.
- You do it, and do it, and do it, and do it. And then do it some more. (Please see Art William’s speech here: http://youtu.be/b2uFH0NCMY4 )