I made it. I’m 30. Feels so good! Yesterday was perfect: a beautiful day of stunning 85 degree Virginia weather, a morning massage, afternoon and lunch at a vineyard and then a downtown dinner with my parents. It was everything that I could have hoped for, and so far, 30 is good!
This weekend, I have a mix of 30 actions, reflections and things for you to do. Do these and it will be a like a birthday present to me.
1. Make a list of the top 30 places in the world that you want to visit.
2. Take 30 minutes to stretch tomorrow morning.
3. Pick up a new motivational book for yourself: I recommend our book of the month, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.
4. Have a writing date with yourself: spend 30 minutes writing. It doesn’t matter what it is about, just write.
5. Make an exercise date with a friend.
6. Visit with your parents if possible, or have a phone date with them.
7. Do 100x push ups, break them up however you want, just get 100 done.
8. Do 10 rounds of 60 seconds of plank; yes, that’s right, 10 minutes of plank total.
9. Try something new in the kitchen.
10. Write someone you love a letter.
11. Put a positive mantra on your mirror.
12. Be unexpectedly generous in tipping someone random.
14. Compliment 7 strangers.
15. Now, compliment yourself for 7 things that are great about you.
16. Do 500x air squats throughout the weekend.
17. Buy the homeless man you see a coffee and a muffin.
18. Do something that you’ve been putting off.
19. Try something new.
20. Clean out your closets and take stuff you haven’t worn in the past two years to Goodwill.
21. Do a kart-wheel.
22. Sing in the shower.
23. Buy a bathing suit for the size you want to be this summer.
24. Plan a weekend get-away.
25. Commit to doing 20x push-ups a day for the next 20 days.
26. Do 30 calf-raises when brushing teeth or waiting for something to cook.
27. Make your bed every day.
28. Tell yourself you’re beautiful.
29. Paint your nails the color you want, not the color you think you’re supposed to.
30. Go without make-up today (or men, without product).