SAYING YES TO GOD AND NO TO AN UNDERWHELMED SOUL
There is a “yes” and a “no,” and also the best choice that is in between those, that is the “best choice,” or the “best yes.” – Lysa TerKeurst
In this episode we will:
- Have special guest and New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst on the air with us to share how to make the best decision when we are faced with decisions, how to say yes to God and no to an underwhelmed soul.
- Investigate the side-effects of what an underwhelmed soul looks like
- Share my best resources for you to feed your soul
FIRST, THANK YOU & VIRTUAL HIGH FIVES TO:
ALSO … BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:
I’m pumped to announce that the Insecurity Detox program has gone through a major upgrade! The good news is that for the masses of you who have already purchased the Detox in the past, you will have access to the new and improved version!
The detox is now called Emerge and it is the packed with awesomeness for you. Get more info about the Emerge Experience at www.trishblackwell.com/emerge
Lysa TerKeurst is a New York Times bestselling author and speaker who helps everyday women live an adventure of faith through following Jesus Christ. As president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa has led thousands to make their walk with God an invigorating journey. For over 15 years, her message has enabled women to:
- Make the Bible come alive whenever you read it.
- Discover how to develop inner peace and security in any situation.
- Replace doubt, regret, and envy with truth, confidence, and praise.
- Stop unhealthy cycles of striving and learn to love who you are.
- Sense God responding to your prayers.
Lysa’s personal adventure of following God captured national media attention when she and her husband adopted two teenage boys from a war-torn orphanage in Liberia, Africa. They never imagined their decision would start a chain reaction within their community, which inspired other families to adopt over 45 children from the same orphanage! Lysa’s amazing story led to appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Good Morning America, The 700 Club, USA Today newspaper, Woman’s Day magazine, and Focus on the Family radio.
Today, Lysa and her ministry team at Proverbs 31 encourage 500,000 women through their daily online devotional. In addition, she co-hosts a 1-minute inspirational radio program aired on more than 1,200 stations around the world. Lysa’s blog averages over 80,000 avid readers per month.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Are you living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul?
Lysa TerKeurst is learning that there is a big difference between saying yes to everyone and saying yes to God. In The Best Yes she will help you:
Cure the disease to please with a biblical understanding of the command to love.
Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no.
Overcome the agony of hard choices by embracing a wisdom based decision-making process.
Rise above the rush of endless demands and discover your best yes today.
WISE WORDS FROM LYSA:
“Being overbooked makes us overlook opportunities in life.”
(1). Analyze the decision.
Ask yourself if it is a good fit for you emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially.
If your analyzing leads to paralyzing, then make the decision.
(2). Make the decision.
A bad decision is an error, not an end.
(3). Take ownership of the decision.
“There is no perfect choice, but there is a best choice”
“Do the next right thing right now.”
MY FAVORITE QUOTES FROM LYSA FROM THE BOOK:
It’s not the activities or accomplishing we string together that make lives well lived as much as it is the hearts of wisdom we gain and use along the way.
When all of life feels like an urgent rush from one demand to another, we become forgetful. We forget simple things like where we put our car keys or that one crucial ingredient for dinner when we run into the grocery story. But even more disturbing, we forget God.
A woman who lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule will often ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul. An underwhelmed soul is one who knows there is more God made her to do.
But here’s a secret answer you must know when trying to pick the perfect choice: there is no perfect choice.
The decisions we make dictate the schedules we keep. The schedule we keep determine the lives we live. The lives we live determine how we spend our souls. So, this isn’t just about finding time. This is about honoring God with the time we have.
Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. Make sure your yes is worth the less.
CONNECT WITH LYSA:
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE: Amanda Bell
So I’m not sure if I will ever meet you in my life, but I need to tell you about how God has used you in my life. A couple of week ago my friend Kelsey told me about your podcasts and I started to listen to them! I can’t tell you the impact that your words of positivity have had in my life. I have struggled through bulimia and binging for the past 5 years, and it has brought so much hurt and depression into my life. I reached a point where I just couldn’t take it anymore, and I knew I needed to make a serious change, or my health was going to go down the drain. It was no coincidence that I started listening to your podcasts just a week later. I have never seen myself with this kind of hope and positivity before, and God has changed my life completely. Last weekend was the first time I told myself that I loved the way I look, and I accept myself for who I am as a person. Trish, you are amazing and I hope you know the kind of impact you are making. I am so incredibly thankful for you and your passion.
I have six open accountability coaching spots – first come, first serve.
Accountability coaching is for
- anyone determined to make this year their best year yet and wanting assurance that they will stay on top of their game and goals, not losing focus or momentum through the year
- anyone with a goal that really matters to them who wants assurance that they will stick with their pursuit of their goal
- anyone who struggles with follow-through and wants to change that
- anyone looking to have an edge on achieving their goals or dreams and wants a coach in their corner to keep them on track and consistent
- anyone wanting fitness / workout accountability and personal training advice
- anyone who has completed the Breakout Program and is looking for their next step of personal development and growth
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain