RESOLVE THAT LASTS
Determine to do that thing that you feel you must do. Follow through. Do it. Achieve it.
In this episode we will cover:
- How you can be different from the 92% of people who don’t keep their New Year resolutions
- The 7 things you must do to have resolve that lasts
- Reframing how you speak to yourself in terms of your personal resolve and flexibility as you approach new goals
- Last chance to prepare for 2015 -> trishblackwell.com/guidebook
- I want to give you a shout-out on the air! Just post a review on iTunes for the show!
- If you filled out the podcast survey but haven’t yet received your “Your Best You” audio coaching set via email, it means that I didn’t get your email accurately, so please email me and I will make sure you get your copy.
- Oh, and thank you to everyone who voted on the new podcast show cover! It is now updated and live.
RESOLVE THAT LASTS:
Let’s talk about resolve that lasts, because really, most people’s resolve does not last.
45% of people who set resolutions fail by the end of January and only 8% stick their resolutions out for the entire year.
How can you be different?
Resolve that Lasts:
- Create a plan of action for your action. (Create consequences and rewards to break out of your comfort zone so that you stop talking about doing and start becoming someone who does.)
- Resolve for the right reasons. Ask yourself the right questions about why and what you are resolving to do.
- Write down your resolutions – make them visible and make them public.
- Know that willpower is a muscle – the more you use it, the stronger it gets.
- Get as specific as possible – and then envision what living life with that resolution will look like. Don’t create absolutes or negative resolutions. People don’t stick to their resolutions because the resolutions are too vague, too demanding or too unrealistic.
- Put your resolution in a “no-choice” category. Like putting on your seat belt.
- Set up an accountability system for yourself.
It is imperative that you reframe how you speak to yourself in terms of how you see yourself and how you see your personal adaptability and flexibility towards whatever new goal it is that you are approaching.
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain