HOW TO EMERGE FROM A FUNK
Remember, confidence is rock fuel…it will get you places you never imagined possible.
Go out there, rev the engine of your life, and go live life to the fullest today!
In this week’s episode we’re going to cover:
- The “sideways years” of my story … what you haven’t heard yet and how I broke free from depression during those times
- How to emerge from a funk
- Five action steps to take to help you imagine yourself unstuck and choosing happiness again
How to really emerge from a funk:
You must see yourself for how you want to be.
You must be willing to imagine yourself out of the place where you feel stuck.
You must refuse to engage in any sort of pity-party.
You must take action.
My action steps: (the more estimable things you do, the more self-esteem you will have)
- Make a financial plan (did so with the help of my mom)
- Read more (because I didn’t have any free money to go out with friends, literally)
- Pursue your dream, even in the baby steps (I wrote every night I got home from work)
- Put good things into your mind (I went to conferences, studied leaders, picked up my Bible again and sought mentorship from people I respected)
- Surprise yourself with your strength (I did this through my athletic pursuits…and it led to athletic sponsorships, international travel, “Team USA”, etc. and ultimately my own business)
Books I read and recommend:
- Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World, by Craig Groeschel
- How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by John C. Maxwell (HARDCOVER), by John Maxwell
- The Tools: 5 Tools to Help You Find Courage, Creativity, and Willpower–and Inspire You to Live Life in Forward Motion, by Phil Stutz
- By Brene Brown – I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME (BUT IT ISN’T): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy and Power (2/20/08), by Brene Brown
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph, by Ryan Holiday
- My Philosophy For Successful Living by Rohn, Jim (2012) Paperback, by Jim Rohn
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg
- Becoming Myself: Embracing God’s Dream of You, by Stasi Eldredge
- The Compound Effect, by Darren Hardy
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, by Simon Sinek
- As a Man Thinketh, by James Allen
- Emotional Equations: Simple Truths for Creating Happiness + Success, by Chip Conley
- Love Does Study Guide: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World, by Bob Goff
- How Will You Measure Your Life?, by Clayton Christianson
- Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters by Acuff, Jon (2013) Hardcover, by Jon Acuff
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial, by Tony Robbins
- Today We Are Rich: Harnessing the Power of Total Confidence, by Tim Sanders
Resources of the Week:
- Weekly YouTube video that will give you the “next-step” in action for today’s episode. Look for the YouTube video to post on Thursday!
- OH! Download your FREE copy of my Confidence Roadmap at www.trishblackwell.com/roadmap
- Brendon Burchard Book Giveaway of The Motivation Manifesto: https://www.kajabinext.com/a/WqJJYUz8_4 ; act now and get your FREE copy and FREE access to his $297 12-week online course on motivation!
Listener of the Episode:
Grace Humberger and Karis Renee for their resilience, strength, and fortitude.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain