Today’s episode is going to cover:
- 3 ways to increase your personal productivity
- Why intentional self-development matters to your productivity
- Sneak Peak information on the next upcoming webinar!
(1). MAKE ROOM FOR WHITE SPACE
White space allows you to:
- Have time to mediate, pray, and reflect
- Slow down
- Refresh your focus on who you are
- Appreciate the small things in life
- Experience life (versus survive it – or get through the hours)
- Be okay with boredom and stillness
- Listen to your heart well enough to remember what really matters to you
- Be available to others
- Be a better version of yourself
- Prevent over-extension
(2). ADHERE TO YOUR WLWB LIST
Your WLWB list sets you up to:
- Feel productive from the very start of the day
- Align your spirit and your intentions for the day
- Create a sense of consistency and follow-through in yourself
- Prioritize the basics of life
- Create value in each and every day – a day where the WLWB is performed is a day that is successful and not wasted – this drives you to greater overall productivity.
My WLWB list:
[5 Sun Salutations / 5 Minutes of Abs + Make my Bed + Worship Music + Gratitude Journal + Lumosity + Education while I run (Sermon, TED Talk, or Podcast) + Something loving towards my husband]
(3). JUST DO IT
Embracing the mentality first given to us by Nike will:
- Help you drive through procrastination – in fact, procrastination won’t be an option
- Take more action
- Stop overthinking and overanalyzing
- Increase your confidence as you increase your action – this will increase your overall output of production and success as you will get addicted to the momentum of moving things forward
- Let go of the perfectionism holding you back
- Put an end to the excuses you’ve made for never starting something
- Forge through your fears by not giving yourself an option to dwell on them
BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT SELF-GROWTH!
If you think about a personal development plan as a mega project, I want you to understand that the first “baby step” of success is found in becoming the master of your own schedule.
Do you have a plan for personal growth?
MASTER YOUR OWN SCHEDULE USING COLORS: (Thank you Wayne Cotton for this system!)
- Red Tape: Things that absolutely must be done (Examples: buying your kids school supplies, grocery shopping, that big conference call at work, etc.)
- Blue Sky: Time to get up in the “clouds” to reflect upon your life, your business, your aspirations, your purpose. (Examples: self-reflection activities, gratitude journal, vacations away where you allot time for journaling and goal setting, conferences that inspire you, podcasts that invest in your self-growth, etc.)
- Mellow Yellow: Relaxation, your white calendar space. (Examples: vacation, coffee with a friend, taking your dog for a walk, sipping a cup of tea with mellow music, surfing, running or any physical activity you enjoy, getting creative time, crafts, playing music, etc).
- Green Machine: Work (Examples: your actual office hours, time you are doing business and making some green, or money, time spent networking for business growth, etc.)
Oh, and if you know this is an area you want to develop, and you’re really ready to move with positive momentum in your life, then you can grab your spot for the October 5th session of Breakout now by going to www.trishblackwell.com/breakout
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I’ve been listening to Trish’s podcasts for a couple of months now and have also recently completed her ‘insecurity detox’ programme. She has provided me with the motivation and perspective I’ve been needing to really start living my life rather than simply existing, regardless of the circumstances. Now, being kind to myself in terms of positive self-talk and a healthy lifestyle come to me so much more naturally than they ever did before. Being kind to myself used to be a struggle and such a chore. Now it’s something I look forward to and find so much fulfillment in. Trish, your positive outlook on life is truly inspirational. Thank you!
Heads up! I have a new FREE webinar coming your way! Date is TBD, however, it is called ROLE MODEL…and is a Trish Blackwell webinar on how to nurture positive body image in your children. ….stay posted on Facebook and Twitter for all of the details!
I would love to hang out with you – yes, in person! I am speaking at the Well! 2014 Health & Fitness Influencers Conference taking place this October 26th-28th at Harbourtowne Golf and Conference Center in St. Michaels, Maryland. Here’s a link to the conference to check it out for yourself: http://eventsbywell.com, and, get a discount because you know me by using this code: TrishB
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain