I want typos, and you should too. Typos – literal or metaphorical ones – mean that you are taking action on your dreams and you are going out and making life happen. // “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” - Leonardo Da Vinci
I WANT TYPOS
As a writer, you might think I’m crazy by saying that I want typos. But I do. You should too, let me explain why. Typos, or any other imperfection on our creative work, are a sign that we are putting ourselves out there. If you wait for everything to be perfect, you will never take any action on putting yourself out there.
I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT ACTION TODAY BECAUSE I MENTIONED IT LAST WEEK IN EPISODE #66 AS THE SINGLE MOST DEFINING FACTOR THAT DISTINGUISHES ME / IT IS THE KEY TO MY SUCCESS, MY CONFIDENCE, MY HAPPINESS
TYPOS REPRESENT ACTION
- Napoleon Hill wrote “action is the real measure of intelligence”
- “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” Leonardo Da Vinci
ACTION IS HOW WE LIVE OUT WHO WE ARE.
- You can’t be who you are until you act who you are.
- Stop waiting to become you want to be -> it takes action.
- The key to taking action is being willing to make mistakes along the way….make TYPOS.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU NEED TO PUT IT OUT THERE? / HOW CAN YOU BREAK FREE FROM PERFECTIONISM?
Steven Pressfield wrote,
“The more fear we feel about a specific enterprise, the more certain we can be that the enterprise is important to us and to the growth of our soul.”
SO, HOW DO YOU TAKE MORE ACTION?
Most people struggle immensely with taking full action. Just the other day I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine who I am working with on a project. He openly told me that he’s fabulous at getting the first 95% of anything done and then terribly catastrophic at getting the last 5% completed. So what it is about the 5%? Is that 5% really that much harder? Well, no, it’s not. That 5% represents the fear that comes with doing anything that’s worthwhile.
- Decide to start taking more action
- Create a plan
- Keep your daily plan short (three things)
- Know that small steps count – give yourself credit for them
- Be accountable to yourself
- Be accountable to others
- Remember you don’t have to have all the answers
- Know that it’s not how you feel; it’s what you do
- Remember action builds confidence
- An action is a habit; it’s hard at first and then becomes easier over time.
What if you could say that you’re someone who gets ’s stuff done? “Hi, my name is Trish Blackwell and I get stuff done.” Now you try: “Hi, my name is _________, and I get stuff done!”
HERE’S A BABY ACTION STEP FOR YOU TO TAKE RIGHT NOW.
Don’t put it off until an hour from now. Do it now.
Sign up for my upcoming FREE webinar, “The Confidence Crash Course” at www.trishblackwell.com/webinar
WEBINAR: CONFIDENCE CRASH COURSE….
90 minutes of Condensed Confidence
Tuesday, July 29th at 8 am or 2 pm EST
In this webinar, you’ll discover….
- 5 PROVEN tricks to instantly elevate your confidence
- 3 EXACT step-by-step strategies to grow your confidence sustainably
- 100+ ways to be more confident IMMEDIATELY
Essentially, I’m giving you my best tools to triple your confidence! Stay tuned via Facebook to register. PLUS I have a $97 free giveaway that I’m including…just for participating in the webinar. You don’t want to miss this!
Just go to www.trishblackwell.com/webinar
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Contact on my website
- Instagram – Oh, yeah, I’m there….many of you didn’t know it. @traintrishtrain
NOW GO OUT THERE AND CONQUER TODAY WITH CONFIDENCE BY TAKING ACTION ON SOMETHING! (I’D RECOMMEND MY WEBINAR OR A REVIEW, BUT I’LL CELEBRATION ANY ACTION YOU TAKE!)
“Your life is important. Honor it. Fight for your highest possibilities.” -Nathaniel Branden