Healing your confidence after abuse or trauma is something not often talked about, but widely needed. If you have experienced abuse or trauma, and your confidence can be rebuilt. Reestablishing a new self-concept, healthy boundaries and new thoughts about yourself and about those you can or cannot trust in your life will take time, but will change your life for the better. This episode shares some effective tools that will help you in the process. Get the full show notes at www.trishblackwell.com/444
· How to reestablish confidence in yourself when you feel like a shell of a person
· What tools helped me find myself again and trust after abuse and trauma
· The key to creating joy and trust in your future relationships
Thank you Trish – 5 stars, DaisieH
I came across this podcast a couple months ago and I listen to about 5 a week now. I needed a good confidence boost so I searched “confidence” and am so grateful to have found your podcast. I newly struggle with breakouts and it’s crazy because I can be confident in every part of me but when I experience a bad breakout, my confidence goes down in every aspect. You have helped me because now I do things like look in the mirror and smile, and focus on the thing I do like instead of the things I don’t. You have also helped me to renew my relationship with God which I desperately needed. Thank you for your encouraging words and I love your soothing voice. Also the ones where you talk to your daughter as so adorable and she’s so lucky to have a mom with your words of wisdom. Thank you for what you do. Your book is on my books to read list. 🙂
Just some special love and deep gratitude your way for how you support the show. You are a small and mighty group and each and every one of your contributions feels like a big, warm, wiggle hug. Thank you.
Want to be part of the people who help keep this show going? Consider becoming a patron. Just go to https://www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
Listener topic request:
Would you be able to do an episode on your past abusive relationship and what you learned from how you healed and the joy you have in your relationship with Brandon now? (Rachel)
I’ve been a listener of The Confidence Podcast for about a year now, and you have no idea how much your words have positively impacted my self esteem. I always look forward to Tuesdays when I get to hear the radiant message you get to share with the world. As a graduate student, I easily let my self-worth depend on my work or school-related accomplishments, and your podcast has helped me realize that I am worthy because of WHO I am, regardless of WHAT I do. I am working on my self confidence every day, and building my sense of self piece by piece. Thank you for all that you do! You are such a light in my life.
o The Nick and Joanie Experience (Take the challenge yourself – listen to episode #431: How to See Yourself Differently Than You Do)
o Victim vs. Victorious.
o Coaching and Personal Development
1. Therapy. > Supportive space to bring the darkness into the light.
2. Writing. > Prayers, Journals, Books.
3. Kindness. > Self-compassion.
4. EMDR. > The courage to relive and process the trauma.
5. Boundaries. > Mental and physical standards for myself
6. Decisions. > Intentional thought creation.
1. I decided to believe that there are good people.
2. I decided to be emotionally courageous and open.
3. I decided to communicate fully.
4. I decided to think about my past as something that happened for me instead of something that happened to me.
5. I decided to surrender to my need for the Lord and to keep God at the center of my relationship with my husband.
Would you be able to do an episode on your past abusive relationship and what you learned from how you healed and the joy you have in your relationship with Brandon now?