Turning a negative thought into a positive is a simple process, when repeated and practiced often, can become natural and mentally accessible for anyone who puts in the effort. Just because you think a thought doesn’t mean you have to continue to think it. This podcast episode will teach you how to successfully and confidently manage your mindset, move around your thoughts and start making your brain a place of positive power instead of negative weakness.
Just some special love and deep gratitude your way for how you support the show. You are a small and mighty group and each and every one of your contributions feels like a big, warm, wiggle hug. Thank you.
Want to be part of the people who help keep this show going? Consider becoming a patron. Just go to https://www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
Better than therapy! -Piazza Mom
Trish mixes hope filled encouragement with logical goals that anyone can apply right away. Listening to her produces better results than visiting a therapist and is less emotionally draining. Join the COC for even better results.
Get 50% off your first month at the College of Confidence, just enter code HAPPYBIRTHDAY at checkout at www.collegeofconfidence.com
This birthday celebration offer ends on my birthday, May 17th!
The framework to successful thought reframing is:
I. Put how you are feeling into one concise and specific sentence, identifying exactly what is bothering you and why. Use language an elementary school student would understand.
II. Answer back that statement with a compassionate, corrective response, as if you were a friend to yourself or a coach, or Trish speaking back to you.
Here are some of the “negative thoughts” that we reframe in this coaching session:
• “It’s Friday, what’s the point of following my diet into the weekend?”
• “If I make positive changes in my life, my boyfriend will not feel connected to me.”
• “Personal development and the growth I want is scary because if I change too much the people who love me might not really love me anymore.”
• “My extended family isn’t friendly and warm, and their different approach to connection makes me feel like they don’t love me or even care about me.”
• “I’m afraid I can’t work and parent from home successfully and I will fail at both.”
• “What if I don’t have the ability to manage my time and expectations well enough and I disappoint everyone in the process?”
• “I can’t find a way embrace honoring the work I’m supposed to do in this world with the eternal work I yearn to do?”
• “I don’t have enough time to do it all.”
• “I can’t stop thinking it’s too late for me (too late to progress professionally, too late to start my own business, too late to have a family, etc).”
• “People compare my relationship to my sisters, and I feel judged and behind, and then I judge myself for caring too much and not just trusting my own path.”
• “I must not be good enough, otherwise my timeline would look like everyone else’s. I feel behind”
• “I’m afraid that because of my past with an ED or losing my period, I cannot look or be fit and satisfied in my body and be healthy at the same time.”
• “I’m afraid that I will never be friends with my body or like myself.”
• “I am disappointed in myself when I feel resentment about how my brother doesn’t help with family expectations and leaves me to do it all.”
Is there something interfering with your happiness? Have you been wanting to start counseling, but not know where to look or start?
BetterHelp will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. You get to connect in a safe and private online environment – it’s so convenient, and of course confidential. Once you sign up you can start communicating in under 24-hours. Y’all, this isn’t self-help, this is professional counseling.
What I love about it the most is that you can send a message to your counselor at anytime. You’ll get timely and thoughtful responses plus you can schedule weekly video or phone session.
Betterhelp makes it easy and free to change counselors if needed. It’s more affordable than traditional offline counseling and financial aid is available.
Their licensed professional counselors specialize in depression, anxiety, stress, relationships, sleeping, trauma, anger, family conflict, grief, and self-esteem. I want you to start living a happier life today. As a listener, you’ll get 10% off your first month by visiting www.betterhelp.com/confidencepod
You must believe that you are the master of your mind.
You must believe that you are capable of managing your mindset.
You must believe that you have power in how you think.
You must believe that you are different now than you have ever been before.
-Talk back to the “Worry Monster”
-Draw the circle
(Tools pulled from Sissy Goff’s Raising Worry-Free Girls: Helping Your Daughter Feel Braver, Stronger, and Smarter in an Anxious World: https://amzn.to/3gNb7eK)
Join today, you won’t regret it:
Thank You Trish! At 54 yrs old, I’m starting over and re-eventing myself while taking care of a 10 year Down Syndrome daughter, a 12 year daughter and a 24 yr son all while getting a devorce. I have done tons of work on myself thru therapy and education for the past 20 years
And I gotta say you are on to something! I have listened to several of your podcast before signing up and have learned more in the past 2 days than I ever have. And I’m already starting to “see” better what I need to do in my life. Thank you for all your time, hard work and caring about others! You are a God-send to me at this time. God Bless-Amy~