How to Stop Being Jealous of Others
Jealousy rots the bones, but it doesn’t have to rot yours anymore. This podcast episode dives into how to stop being jealous of others so that you can get on with your own life and thrive where God has planted and placed you. Too often we don’t call ourselves out on jealousy, envy or comparison, and it tarnishes our spirit, our joy and our confidence from the inside it. It’s time to get serious about cleaning out our hearts so that we have space to live with joy, not jealousy. Get the full show notes at www.trishblackwell.com/409
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast, we’re chit-chatting about:
- The sneaky ways that jealousy shows up in our lives – and why we never call ourselves out for it – it’s time to be honest, y’all!
- 10 ways how you can start eliminating the impact of jealousy in your life right now
- The 2 ways jealousy can destroy a relationship: and how to make sure it doesn’t hurt yours
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
Life Changing!! By LizKU124
Trish and her podcast have changed my life. Her positivity, fresh perspectives, insight, knowledge and experiences have helped me to grow as a person and become less anxious and more confident. She adds in the perfect amount of spiritual content to supplement her teachings, and I know that whenever I start my day with The Confidence Podcast, it’s going to be a great day. Thank you Trish for your ongoing encouragement that you share and for helping me to become a better, more confident version of myself!
HOW DOES JEALOUSY SHOW UP?
Feelings of insecurity
Different statements that express jealousy that you might not expect:
I just feel behind …
I should be doing more ….
They seem to have it all together …
They know what they’re doing ….
I wish I had it as easy as ….
Must be nice …
They’re so lucky …
Jealousy turns our eyes outward – and sets our hearts up for a state of constant comparison.
Comparison detracts us from being able to be present, engaged and confident.
Bottom line: If you want to be confident, you have to ruthlessly eliminate jealousy from your heart
HOW TO ELIMINATE JEALOUSY
1. Pay attention to where it pops up in your life.
2. Call it what it is …. don’t flower it up.
3. Surrender your heart and pray for cleansing.
4. Guard your thoughts – and parent your phone!
5. Proactively give praise for all that you have and all that you are
6. Understand that you have an isolated narrative
7. Everyone has a story – honor yours and honor theirs
8. Ask yourself, do you want to live with a heart of abundant joy, or of anxious lack?
Ultimately, jealousy can be minimized if you follow the tenants of The Confidence Formula
JEALOUSY IN RELATIONSHIPS
COLLEGE OF CONFIDENCE CHALLENGEIt’s back to school, back to basics … something we all need.
I’ll be coaching you through the following categories, for a full week at a time.
This is exclusively for students in the College of Confidence. It’s time for you to join us. Click here: https://collegeofconfidence.com/checkout-coc-monthly/ to become official so that you don’t miss out on these next 6-weeks of the transformational coaching, community and challenge.
YOUTUBE Don’t forget, we’re live on YouTube weekly now! For your Thursday confidence boost, head over to www.youtube.com/trishblackwell and hit subscribe and see all notifications.