20 Good Things About 2020
2020 is a year where your mindset – and your perspective – will make or break you; this podcast episode will help you have a winning perspective about what might be the most challenging year of all of our lives. Here are 20 good things about 2020 that you can apply to your life too. These 20 good things about 2020 will help you stay persistent, powerful, and filled with peace as we continue in the year. This just might change your perspective about everything. Get the full show notes at www.trishblackwell.com/405
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast, we’re diving into a chat about:
- The power of perspective – no matter your circumstances
- 20 good things – for real – about 2020
- How our feelings follow our thoughts – and how to train our thoughts
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
Answered Prayer – 5 starts, by ItsMeBrittV
I had been kept awake the night before a HUGE event/opportunity for me because of my own anxiety and insecurities. I stopped in the midst of the spiral and prayed for help overcoming my own self doubt. I’ve always let my fear steal my joy in BIG moments. The next morning as I was getting ready for the day, something told me to search “Confidence” in podcasts … and BAM. Here you were. A literal answer to prayer. Thank you for walking faithfully in your calling.
20 GOOD THINGS ABOUT 2020:
- Slowing Down and Simplifying Life: less rushing, more presence
- Stripping of busyness and distraction
- Increased dependence on God – a requirement of faith reintroduced into common conversation
- Closer connections with community – they are your connection, lifeline, and experience
- Deeper sense of gratitude for basics and the people who serve on the front line of life
- Technology, where it is and how it has pivoted to keep us connected – and how it will change and give us options we never imagined as a result in the future
- Medical advances; we live in 2020, not 1820, and we have millions of medical workers around the world united in solving a pandemic
- Divisions that ignited unity and much-needed conversations about civil rights
- Reawakened appreciation for how we need one another, we need touch and we need small community interactions
- Advanced and widespread access of education, online courses, virtual therapy – no longer are there barriers (time, cost, lack of access) to many life-changing resources — this is a year of personal development and growth
- Decreased stigma for the need of mental wellness and conversations about depression, anxiety, addiction, and the like.
- More personal understanding for what matters and what doesn’t – what to spend your money, time and energy on, and what not to – how to let go of the little things
- Personalized appreciation for access to food
- Renewed gratitude for cleaning products, clean water, and basic human necessities
- Higher call to showing up in life for our purpose and to make a difference — life is short, and we are all intimately aware of this
- Deep appreciation for travel and freedom – the gift of missing what has been removed from what was previously normal
- New sense of wonder and awe for large gatherings – sports, music, theatre, festivals, etc.: we won’t take this for granted
- Opportunity to try on new things – new style, new goals, new pace of life, etc. – this can be a reset year we have needed and never dreamed to ask for
- Extreme character growth: this is the bootcamp of perseverance, patience, compassion, hope, trust, being in place
- More intimate relationships with close friends and family – the connection of going through something separate, yet together
Is there something interfering with your happiness? Have you been wanting to start counseling, but not know where to look or start?
BetterHelp will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. You get to connect in a safe and private online environment – it’s so convenient, and of course confidential. Once you sign up you can start communicating in under 24-hours. Y’all, this isn’t self-help, this is professional counseling.
What I love about it the most is that you can send a message to your counselor at anytime. You’ll get timely and thoughtful responses plus you can schedule weekly video or phone session.
Betterhelp makes it easy and free to change counselors if needed. It’s more affordable than traditional offline counseling and financial aid is available.
Their licensed professional counselors specialize in depression, anxiety, stress, relationships, sleeping, trauma, anger, family conflict, grief, and self-esteem.
In fact, so many people have been using BetterHELP that they are recruiting additional counselors in all 50 states.
I want you to start living a happier life today. As a listener, you’ll get 10% off your first month by visiting www.betterhelp.com/confidencepod
Join over 1 million people taking charge of their mental health. Again, that’s www.betterhelp.com/confidencepod
THOUGHTS LEAD TO FEELINGS
Thought tracing –
Feelings lead to emotions – and we need to have the space to process and feel emotions, but we get to choose to not stay stuck in an emotion. The statement “this is just how I feel,” or “I can’t help it, I feel _____” can be a victim statement if we refuse to do the thought work to work through itThoughts lead to feelings, so peel back the emotions and start to think about what you are actually thinking about.
The best resource to help you think about what you think about is for you to become a student in the College of Confidence.
Come hang out with me on YouTube: www.trishblackwell.com/youtube Last week we posted a video on How to Stop Self-SabotageThis week, this Thursday, we’re posting a video on How to Have Confidence in How God Made You
Hit subscribe and “get notifications” to not miss a video – we’ll be posting every week on Thursdays – with some bonus videos thrown in the mix as well.
There is only one more week to apply to my All-In Mastermind; we start in September. If you want the next 60-days to be without excuses and to get a crazy breakthrough, then this is the group for you. Apply at www.trishblackwell.com/allin