What I’ve Learned About Confidence in the Past Year
Learning to have confidence is a lifelong endeavor. Every year that you commit to the training of your thoughts and being bold is a year that you will learn things about the confidence that you never knew were there. Every new level of success you reach in life will demand a new level of confidence that you must practice and learn. We’re celebrating 400 episodes, over 7 years of confidence coaching, and we are excited to share with you some of the things we’ve been learning about confidence in the past year. Get the full show notes at www.trishblackwell.com/400
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast…
- We’re celebrating!! I have my new AirPod Pros and a bottle of Veuve LeCliquot Yellow Label for release morning, so come on and hang out with me on social to say hi!
- I’m sharing the surprising things I’ve learned about confidence in the past year as a confidence coach that I want you to know – things I wish I had realized 7 or even 5 years ago
- We’re closing out with a bonus power-punch of 25 reasons you can feel confident right now to help you put some pep in your step this week.
We have a doozy of an episode today, which is on-brand, as we plan for this episode to help you just absolutely ooze with confidence.
7.5 Years. Ya’ll. Thank you for being with me.
We hit episode #400 this week. Ya’ll. Thank you.
That’s 7.5 years of allowing me to be a voice of encouragement in your life.
That’s probably about 300 hours of me coaching, teaching, preaching … or, if you’d like to binge listen, you could listen to me talk for 24-hours straight for 10.5 days straight.
And it all started with a little idea.
The idea that I could help people.
After that, I just took consistent, small action and showed up every week.
So today, we celebrate!!!!
My thank you gift to you is that for the first time ever, I’ll be offering complimentary Clarity Calls. Spots are extremely limited.
What are they?
15-minutes with me, really digging into your confidence goals and what your next steps are.
Who are they for?
Anyone who has been on the fence about investing in coaching, but not done it because they’ve believed the lie that they can’t afford it.
Who’s it not for?
It’s not for you if you have no intention of doing something that scares you, stretches you, or really creates change in your life.
How to apply?
SPONSORSHIP FOR THE WEEK
How to Stop Caring What People Think Webinar
Save your spot at www.trishblackwell.com/stopcaring
Our most popular episodes here on The Confidence Podcast are always around the same topic: how to stop caring what people think. So, ya’ll, I’m going deeper on this topic than ever before.
What you’ll learn….
In this 20-minute webinar, you’ll learn how to stop getting distracted from your dreams and purpose because of what people *might* think about you.
When I finally learned let go of caring too much what other people *might think* the gateways of success opened! The tools I am going to teach you have allowed me to write 3 best-selling books, win the North Face Trail Marathon, build a solid 6-figure online coaching business, and reach millions of people around the world with encouragement
If you’re ready to push play on your purpose with confidence and freedom, then this webinar is for you. In class, we’ll cover…
- The real issue and how to tackle it. You’ll learn how caring too much what people think is so destructive to our happiness and why we get trapped in this toxic pattern of thinking.
- The first 3 things you can do right now to change how you feel. You’ll learn 3 things you can start doing differently right away to get free from the restriction of caring what people think
- The easiest way to go after your purpose with total confidence. You’ll get advice on the exact next steps to take to have more confidence and courage to go after your dreams without being distracted or delayed, by comparison, overthinking, or self-doubt.
WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT CONFIDENCE IN THE PAST YEAR:
No one really knows what they’re doing.
So it’s okay that you don’t feel like you do either. I started my coaching practice before confidence coaching even existed, but I knew I needed to do it, even if I didn’t “feel like” I had the confidence to do it.
Get serious about aggressively rewriting your automatic negative thoughts, and your life will change.
These ants are pervasive and persistent, and so in turn, so must you be. For years, I didn’t understand just how often “renewing your mind” needed to be done. This is how important learning confidence has become, it is a daily action.
S3: simple, small steps repeated consistency with persistence will make you extraordinary.
Never underestimate the power of small, and be willing to do the boring things, the little habits and the things that are easy to put off, for those things are the big things.
Being bold – and brave – requires both massive action and radical rest.
To go next-level in your confidence, I’m learning that when you’re “on,” be fully on and go all in, without fear, without hesitation, without doubt, without caring what people think — this fierce commitment to what you want will launch you forward. Likewise, radical rest, and removing yourself from the hustle, from performance, and from social media overload, is also equally important in the confidence equation.
Everyone is worried about what other people are going to think.
Just because everyone is doing it doesn’t mean that you should either. In fact, this gives us a get-out-of-jail card; have compassion for yourself when you start to worry too much but rest assured, most people are just thinking about themselves and about what you are thinking about them, not the other way around! Learning confidence includes this important skill too.
Avoiding disappointment is a surefire way to guarantee disappointment.
Don’t be afraid to go all-in out of the risk of disappointment. Not going all in is a guarantee that you will be disappointed.
The world is desperate, yearning, and waiting for confident people to rise up, rally people in the right way, and do good things.
Working on your confidence isn’t just for you – it goes beyond you. Learning about your confidence growth is vital for others around you too. So often, we don’t step into our calling because we are so stuck in the “what if they think” or the “what if this fails” – when really we need to stop being so stinking self-focused and instead shift into a heart set of being other-focused.
BONUS: 25 QUICK THINGS TO GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE TODAY
1. That you’re not done growing
2. That you were created by God
3. That God doesn’t make mistakes
4. That it’s okay to be scared
5. That confidence is something you can train
6. That you don’t have to be perfect
7. That fear is nothing to be afraid of feeling
8. That we can speak back to our fear
9. That our setbacks can be setups for success
10. That our derailments actually develop us
11. That failure is simply feedback.
12. That you get to choose your mindset
13. That you can train your thoughts
14. That you can become anyone you want to be
15. That you can create your own opportunities
16. That resources to grow your confidence exist
17. That the College of Confidence exists
18. That showing up is the most important step
19. That you don’t have to beat yourself up anymore
20. That laughter opens your confidence
21. That smiling will make you appear more confident
22. That being the first person to say hello will set you apart
23. That you’ve got me to cheer you on
24. That if you lead with love you can never go wrong
25. That major breakthroughs come from simple, small steps.
Look, if you’ve been listening for the past 7.5 years, or shoot, even just the past year, and have seen changes in your life, it’s time to make those changes even deeper.
Ready to go next level in your mental happiness, inner confidence, and courage? Your next step is to become a member of the College of Confidence. Join here >>> www.collegeofconfidence.com
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
Thank you! 5 Stars, by lindseypk
I look forward to your podcast every week, it helps me be a better mom and helps me to be more mindful. I didn’t realize how critical I was of myself, I thought it was really just me not being good enough. Thank you.