HOW TO HAVE DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS WITH CONFIDENCE AND WITHOUT COWERING EPISODE 387
You don’t have to cower from having difficult conversations anymore. This podcast episode will coach you on exactly how to be confident when having intimidating or difficult conversations. Learn how to have difficult conversations. No more avoiding, no more buffering, no more sweeping things under the carpet – it’s time to confidently connect better with the humans in your life. Get the full show notes at www.trishblackwell.com/387
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast we’re talking about:
- How conflict can lead to confidence
- The 10 fundamental things to remember before having hard conversations
- Turning the table: how to have hard conversations with yourself
- How to have difficult conversations with confidence
- How to have difficult conversations without cowering
My partnership with Beautycounter. If you’ve never purchased Beautycounter before, this is the time to do so. This month only when you go to www.beautycounter.com/trishblackwell and opt-in to Beautycounter’s email address, you’ll receive a 20% off coupon code to use on your first purchase.
My family and I are rounding out day #24 of our COVID-19 quarantine, and since we live in Virginia, we know that we’re in this thing for the long haul – until June 10th. I do appreciate how slowing down and simplifying have really brought the small things of life to light.
One small thing that just made my week was my Beautycounter delivery that just arrived. Getting packages right now feels wonderful, but getting clean beauty packages? That’s next level loveliness. You better believe that I have a few hours of pampering ahead of me, thanks to Beautycounter.
I suggest that you might want to do the same!
Go ahead, indulge in something lovely for yourself.
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
Thank you Trish! 5-Stars.
By Sophia abc. / I have been listening to this podcast for a month or two by now and DANG!!! It has helped me improve my everyday life by appreciating what I have and how to use it. Her wise words have helped me become a much more confident woman everywhere, every day and around everyone. I think that everyone needs a little Trish in their life so I totally recommend this podcast!!!
HOW CAN CONFLICT LEAD TO CONFIDENCE?
Conflict > Conversations > Communication > Connection > Confidence
10 FUNDAMENTALS ON HOW TO HAVE DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- Value bravery. (Being emotionally brave is more impressive than being physically brave.)
- Remember conflict leads to connection.
- Honor other people’s perspectives.
- Seek to understand and not always be understood.
- Release expectations (let go of trying to control their feelings and reactions)
- Use The 5-Second Rule (Mel Robbins)
- Speak from the heart and be humble.
- Listen as well as you talk.
- Seek connection, not your own resolution.
- Define a purpose (objective to be transparent, to express oneself, etc.)
HOW TO HAVE HARD CONVERSATIONS WITH YOURSELF
- These are perhaps the most important conversations to be having in the first place.
- You don’t have to go these alone – use prayer, and your journal to guide you.
- Braindump onto paper – and stop using the excuse that you’re worried that someone will look at what you write; y’all people are not interested in what you’re thinking about, you’re safe.
- Pay attention to your own avoidances and what you are resisting.
- We all run away in our own ways – seek emotional maturity enough to look at what is actually going on within yourself.
- Each month I like to ask myself – what do I need to modify? What am I allowing or permitting that I need to pay more attention to? How can I be a better wife? How can I be kinder to myself? How can I be a more engaged and patient mother? How can I be a more present and encouraging human in my circles and comings and goings?
- For me one of the hardest hard conversations to have is: what am I avoiding and why am I desiring to stay so busy? Why am I not trusting God that He says “rest, be with Me, you are enough and you are loved”?
PATREON PODCAST SUPPORT:
If this podcast show has blessed your life, this is my personal invitation to become an official supporter of the show. Did you know that it costs me approximately $400 to produce a podcast episode? This is my labor of love, and worth every minute I spend on it – whether I have one listener, or one million, I will continue to show up for you. You matter to me.
For just $5/month you can become an official supporter, a patron, we call it, of The Confidence Podcast. But hey, I don’t take asking for money from you lightly – you better believe that becoming a patron means that you’ll get extra bonus podcast episodes and other encouraging content from me. Yep, exclusive, podcast episodes that I call “faith takes,” are released 2x/month for our patrons.
To start supporting the show just go to www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
MICRO COACHING SESSIONS FOR CRISIS MANAGEMENT
LAST CHANCE!!! THIS MONTH ONLY.
If you’ve ever considering hiring a life coach, a mindset coach, a career coach or a confidence coach – this is the most important time, now more than ever to do so.
I understand that investing in yourself, particularly in a time of uncertainty, feels intimidating, and it might have you second-guessing yourself. But, I assure you, there is no better investment than in yourself. The value that you get from just one or even two private coaching sessions could quite possibly be the lynchpin of change and transformation for your next steps of success.
My private coaching hours have been booked, and I was starting a waiting list for clients; but, it is only ethical that, as a coach who breathes hope and a plan into the work I do, that I find a way to show up now, more than ever for people who need coaching. So, with the help of my husband, we are arranging extra coaching hours – exclusively available now for anyone who wants affordable support in crisis management.
Sessions are micro-sessions, so just 30-minutes and can be recorded for your review and further application. The cost the discounted rate of just $150, half of my typical coaching cost.
Maybe you need coaching for crisis management about:
How to stay positive when the world feels so panicked
How to take the fearful thoughts and your anxiety and use it for good
How to make this season an opportunity for your personal growth
How to have difficult conversations
How to not panic about your business growth or entrepreneurial plan
How to stay on track for your weight loss goals without a gym or your normal structure
How to work from home and stay socially isolated without getting depressed
How to pivot your business efforts and marketing to work with the new economy
How to stay motivated while staying at home / how to not give into buffering or self-sabotage
How to use any career setbacks to transition confidently into a new career
How to create a routine that brings you joy at this time, not anxiety or stress
How to stretch your faith and feel good during this crisis instead of tossing and turning at night.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim a spot.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I love and value your podcast so much, and I truly have considered joining the COC. Firstly, I am pretty much the most frugal person I know. Definitely not the person who goes out and gets herself a coffee- seriously once in a blue moon- if I’m with a friend… so it’s a money thing for me.
Also, I just found out I’m pregnant- so even more reason to save.
Here’s an interesting idea for a podcast: how to address life’s difficult conversations. My example: I’ve been in an abusive marriage, divorced, now wit my new guy for 5 years- we’re not married- and I’m pregnant. How to tell my family when I am afraid of their disappointment of my doing this out of wedlock. I’ve literally heard my dad refer to children born outside of marriage as “bastard child”. Needless to say, it’s a definite source of stress for me.. and I plan on having that conversation pretty soon.
I would be so thrilled if you used my example in a podcast!