HOW TO LIKE YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR MORE
Being self-critical about how you look is one of the most surefire ways to feel deeply insecure and uncomfortable. You deserve better. God created you beautifully, and this podcast will teach you how to go from knowing that to actually believing it. You will learn how to see yourself with kind eyes in the mirror, how to change your internal self-dialogue and how to build yourself up instead of always tearing yourself down. Get the full show notes at www.trishblackwell.com/376
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast, we’re chatting about:
- The most important 4 things to start doing right now that will help you like yourself in the mirror more
- How to actually believe that you’re beautiful (instead of just “knowing” that you should think it and believe it)
- The power of building yourself up instead of tearing yourself down
The Confidence Podcast is almost seven years old and in that time we’ve mobilized a movement of confidence across the world. It has been my greatest honor to have the privilege of being a voice of encouragement in your life. With hundreds of hours of free coaching available with just the click of an episode, The Confidence Podcast has sown confidence and courage into over 2 million people’s lives.
The launch of Patreon Partners is a celebration of how our community has grown, and a way that we can offer our most loyal listeners a real community and extra resources for just pennies a day.
Therefore we want to make this Patreon Partner community as simple as possible while obviously providing significant value in return for your support. As such, we are offering one tier at a set support amount of $5. And for that patreon support, you get the following:
- Biweekly bonus episodes that we’re calling our “Faith Take” Episodes. You’ll receive 2 bonus episodes per month, available only to patreon partners. These are going to be extended conversations from particular podcasts released that month, but with a more Biblical take and faith-based perspective to help you deepen your confidence in your walk with the Lord.
- Weekly Episode Takeaway Cue Card, to help you carry that week’s most important coaching. These will be pretty wallpapers that you can use on your phone or in your social feed and you’ll have fun wondering what I consider to be the most important take away of each episode.
- Supplement Resources, When Applicable. Here’s the deal, when you become a Patreon Partner of The Confidence Podcast, you’ll be a VIP in our book, and so you better believe that anytime we find resources and tools that are aligned with what we covered in a particular episode, you’ll hear about it and get exclusive access.
Final word: Asking you for money is something we take very seriously. We know it’s no small thing to commit your financial resources to something like a podcast and we deeply respect even your consideration of such a thing. But know that our commitment to you and this community is always to pursue a return on investment that greatly exceeds $5 each month.
Podcasts that Patrons will get this month?
- 5 Old Beliefs About Faith to Leave Behind
- How to Let God Change How You Think
Become a podcast VIP, become a patron — > www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
Tamgarz – Thank you, Trish! 5 Stars.
Thank you for teaching me so many things about confidence. I’ve been listening for a couple of months now, Lord knows how many. The body confidence episode is one of my favorites, and I’ve shared it with several people, including my children. As a part-time, 47-year-old fitness instructor (full-time insurance agent), I’ve already shared what I’ve learned with the members. I’ve gleaned so many good things from you! Keep it coming. What you’re doing is much needed in today’s world! I love you! Here’s one more review to get you closer to your 1000 goal.
ONWARD TO THE CONFIDENCE COACHING >>>
THE 4 THINGS TO START DOING IMMEDIATELY TO LEARN TO LIKE YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR
REDUCE SOCIAL MEDIA EXPOSURE
-stats on social media
-cut your time by 50%
-take note of your emotions
-work through your fomo
REINFORCE POSITIVE THINGS IN YOUR REFLECTION
-look for internal beauty
-create a list of external beauty
-be generous towards yourself, self-criticism is out
REALIZE HOW MANUFACTURED CULTURE IS
-the maintenance cost of extensions, etc.
-comment on Superbowl show?
-FaceTune, filters – the stress of incongruence
-capturing a moment doesn’t make it a moment
-peoples’ lives look infinitely better when curated
-you can put on a show, but eventually, the show stops
REPRESENT WHAT IS REAL
-the real you and your real beauty and preferences
-release judgment (example of my nails v my eyelashes, know your priorities)
-your happiness will not increase when you look different than you do now – happiness is an inside job
HOW TO ACTUALLY BELIEVE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
Train your thoughts – do the framework of taking your thoughts captive.
Learn how, in-depth, with me by saving yourself a seat at —>>> www.trishblackwell.com/framework
Be generous with your words – towards others and towards yourself.
Dial-in and determine to see the beauty.
Ask God to help you see yourself with kind eyes.
Repeat, repeat, repeat, and be patient.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BUILD YOURSELF UP INSTEAD OF TEARING YOURSELF DOWN
Things become easier
People feel less judgmental (because you’re being less judgy yourself)
The pressure comes off your shoulders
Flowers pop up, the sun shines brighter, you see things you didn’t notice before.
Your emotional intelligence strengthens
Gratitude starts to paint itself all over the walls of your day
The relationships you have with others becomes more authentic and life-giving
(let’s be honest, when you are focused on beating yourself up, on being better, on doing better, on proving yourself – as much as you might not like to hear it, you’re being self-focused).
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Rachel from Instragram
Trish, you are changing m ylfie through listening daily to your podcast, journaling and reading your insecurity detox book. I struggle with anxiety, self-doubt, and low confidence, and I’ve been learning so much from you about how to combat this and have been working at it every day. It’s WORK but I know I can continue to work towards being my best self by consciously making CHANGES to what I’m used to, and retaining my thoughts. That’s a BIGGGG one for me. Just sending my love to you, and thanking you for helping me in my self-confidence and strength!