HOW TO BE YOURSELF & NOT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast we’re talking about:
- 8 ways to really be yourself and step into authenticity
- 10 milestones that will help you feel more alive in being yourself
- 30 ways to not care what people think about you
Personality dysmorphia – a belief that something is inherently wrong with who we are and how we are at the core.
SPONSOR NOTE FROM NOEMIE
- Noémie believes that luxury jewelry doesn’t have to be overpriced.
o They cut out the middlemen to deliver exceptional fine jewelry without the traditional retail markups.
o Noémie designs and manufactures everything in-house and sells directly to consumers with a lifetime warranty and free shipping both ways.
o So you can save an average of 50% compared to other luxury brands.
- Noémie is the only fine jewelry company offering such incredible quality at this price.
o Featuring solid 18 karat gold for the perfect balance of strength and purity.
o VS Clarity diamonds of uncompromising quality that come with an IGI certification card.
o You can personalize with engravings, and even order custom designs.
- Usually, you have to “know a guy” to get this kind of a deal.
o At Noémie, everyone gets the friends-and-family treatment.
o Read the thousands of five-star reviews on their website and see for yourself.
- If you’re looking for quality fine jewelry made to last a lifetime from a luxury brand you can trust, it’s Noémie.They have thousands of 5-star reviews online, we suggest you read some and see why people are raving about this company.
- Go to hellonoemie.com/CONFIDENCEto see their collections and get $50 your first purchase with promo code CONFIDENCE.
- h-e-l-l-o, n-o-e-m-i-e, dot com slash CONFIDENCE.
o And don’t forget to use promo code CONFIDENCEfor $50 off your first purchase.
The Confidence Podcast is almost seven years old and in that time we’ve mobilized a movement of confidence across the world. It has been my greatest honor to have the privilege of being a voice of encouragement in your life. With hundreds of hours of free coaching available with just the click of an episode, The Confidence Podcast has sown confidence and courage into over 2 million people’s lives.
The launch of Patreon Partners is a celebration of how our community has grown, and a way that we can offer our most loyal listeners a real community and extra resources for just pennies a day.
Therefore we want to make this Patreon Partner community as simple as possible while obviously providing significant value in return for your support. As such, we are offering one tier at a set support amount of $5. And for that patreon support, you get the following:
- Biweekly bonus episodes that we’re calling our “Faith Take” Episodes. You’ll receive 2 bonus episodes per month, available only to patreon partners. These are going to be extended conversations from particular podcasts released that month, but with a more Biblical take and faith-based perspective to help you deepen your confidence in your walk with the Lord.
- Weekly Episode Takeaway Cue Card, to help you carry that week’s most important coaching. These will be pretty wallpapers that you can use on your phone or in your social feed and you’ll have fun wondering what I consider to be the most important take away of each episode.
- Supplement Resources, When Applicable. Here’s the deal, when you become a Patreon Partner of The Confidence Podcast, you’ll be a VIP in our book, and so you better believe that anytime we find resources and tools that are aligned with what we covered in a particular episode, you’ll hear about it and get exclusive access.
Final word: Asking you for money is something we take very seriously. We know it’s no small thing to commit your financial resources to something like a podcast and we deeply respect even your consideration of such a thing. But know that our commitment to you and this community is always to pursue a return on investment that greatly exceeds $5 each month.
Podcasts that Patrons will get this month?
- 5 Old Beliefs About Faith to Leave Behind
- How to Let God Change How You Think
Become a podcast VIP, become a patron — > www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
REVIEW OF THE WEEK
The best friend everyone needs in their lives – 5 stars
My name is @Henna_Bloom on insta but my name is Michi. I have suffered a long time with chronic pain and invisible illness for most of my young adult years. After a decade it took a toll on my mental health. Chronic pain put me through a lot of loss including my confidence. Finding the confidence podcast felt like the biggest gift from God. I feel like she is the best friend that is pumping you up to be strong and happy. She never makes you feel guilty about the struggles in our life, she has complete empathy and real advice. There are millions of moments where you can really feel her say “me too.” She has changed my life! Her podcasts are so amazing you can listen over and over. Please give her spiritual podcasts a try too – even if it doesn’t match your faith she says everything in a beautiful spiritual way it is worth it! She gives the gift of feeling home inside your heart!
ONWARD TO THE CONFIDENCE COACHING >>>
Being yourself is a release process.
It’s the easiest way to live – yet most challenging.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
HOW TO BE YOURSELF:
Do something that scares you every day.
Do something that is fun for you every day.
Do the work to understand your personality.
Do the work to stay committed to personal growth.
Have faith that God created you as you are for a reason.
Have faith that God is not done working on you (make sure you spend time with Him)
Have faith that God has a purpose for you in this world.
Have faith that your story is not done – and that your voice matters.
MILESTONES TO BEING YOURSELF MORE VIBRANTLY
We can be ourselves when we are released from being busy.
We can be ourselves when we are free from comparison.
We can be ourselves when we stop striving and fighting to be the best and just be ourselves.
We can be ourselves when we know we are loved – at our very core.
We can be ourselves when we believe that God knit us together in our mother’s womb.
We can be ourselves when we don’t have to know it all and understand it all – when we submit.
We can be ourselves when we feel and notice the excessive kindness of God towards us.
We can be ourselves when we understand that people like us for who we are, not for what we do.
We can be ourselves when we get that the world doesn’t need imitations and watered-down replicas – but authentic realness.
We can be ourselves when we understand that people don’t even like “perfect” – and when we abdicate the belief that we can be perfect in the first place.
SPONSORSHIP NOTE > NEW FREE MASTERCLASS
Because of popular demand, I’ve put together a new online masterclass to help you dive even deeper into these concepts. It goes live today —> save your spot now at www.trishblackwell.com/framework
… even if you can’t make it live, I’ll be sending out a replay that you won’t want to miss.
You’ll learn the framework of being confident in being yourself.
30 WAYS HOW TO NOT CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK
- Accept yourself for who you are.
- Stop receiving validation from others and learn to give it to yourself (self-pep talk)
- Celebrate your body for what it does for you.
- Find beauty in how you look.
- Insist on finding beauty in your life.
- Sow what you want to reap.
- Be patient for the harvest – impatience is an expression of unbelief. Have faith.
- Remove sources of negativity immediately.
- Know what opinions you trust – and which ones matter to you.
- Keep things in perspective.
- Don’t personalize anything.
- Cut back on. social media exposure.
- Reduce negative news and distraction overload.
- Take risks – and pay attention to the results.
- Know your values.
- Find a mentor, coach or role model.
- Stop living in other people’s heads.
- Other people’s opinions of us are none of our business.
- Know how to stay in your own business.
- Take ownership over your feelings (Ellie wants to make me happy)
- Be proud of yourself for doing your best.
- Focus on your milestones, your micro-wins, your champagne moments.
- Ground yourself in gratitude and praise.
- Say what you really think.
- Expect resistance – people pulling you back or pushing you down.
- Own your own weirdness.
- Opinions and trends are always changing – stop worrying about them.
- Carpe diem, life is too short – and impermanent – focus on living it.
- People who have time to talk about you have small lives, don’t worry about them.
- Negative comments are more about other people than about you.
Get 15 bonus things you can do by listening to episode #361, How to Stop Caring What People Think:
If you’re considering becoming a patron to the show, I just want you to know that I couldn’t be more grateful for the investment you would be making into this message. Because of you, we are going to be able to reach more listeners, and one life by one life, help change the world into a more confident, caring and loving place. Your $5 support will not only help me cover the financial cost of producing the show (hosting fees, website costs, etc.) – and my time invested in creating it but also to reach more future listeners; not to mention that you’ll get those 2 bonus exclusive-to-patron-supporters monthly episodes.
You can get started at www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Two things—one happy Tuesday and just wanted to say how thankful I am for you and your podcast. I’m not sure you realize how influential and uplifting you are and how listening to both old and new podcasts every day when I’m working out or driving instantly changes my perspective and gives me confidence. Gaining confidence is something I’m really working on this year and it’s something I never really realized I was lacking until I took a closer look. Your words and relatable stories and compassion for what you do are all so life-changing. Thanks for being a positive light!!! I do appreciate you.
Second! I know in some of your older podcasts you mention beauty counter/toxic body care and I was just curious if you could educate me more on this 🙂 I am guilty of saving money and buying cheap lotion and make up that does the trick but has me worried I’m giving myself toxins or something in another way now!
Thanks so much and thanks for being who YOU are! – Kellie S.