The real essence of personal development and deep growth isn’t found in what you do – or how disciplined and awesome you are, but rather in how you think and how you live. True transformation and deep happiness come from changing how we think. That’s why training your thoughts is the most important thing you can do. If you will, it’s the new black. It fits everyone and makes everyone look better. This podcast episode on training your thoughts will teach you how to start doing it so that you can get the results you want. Get the full show notes on how to be yourself today at www.trishblackwell.com/374
This week on The Confidence Podcast we’re talking about:
- What training your thoughts means and how it works
- How to be yourself
- How to consistently train your thoughts
- The secret to making time to think about your thought life
New music, new bonus podcast opportunities …. it’s a good new year!
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
Pages and pages of Trishisms and Notes! 5 Stars!
Trish, your words and tone and energy in how you speak and what you speak strengthen my confidence and builds my soul. I have pages and pages of notes of what I call “Trishisms” and sidenotes of how I can relate to them in my life. -Madison
The Confidence Podcast is almost seven years old and in that time we’ve mobilized a movement of confidence across the world. It has been my greatest honor to have the privilege of being a voice of encouragement in your life. With hundreds of hours of free coaching available with just the click of an episode, The Confidence Podcast has sown confidence and courage into over 2 million people’s lives.
The launch of Patreon Partners is a celebration of how our community has grown, and a way that we can offer our most loyal listeners a real community and extra resources for just pennies a day.
Therefore we want to make this Patreon Partner community as simple as possible while obviously providing significant value in return for your support. As such, we are offering one tier at a set support amount of $5. And for that patreon support, you get the following:
- Biweekly bonus episodes that we’re calling our “Faith Take” Episodes. You’ll receive 2 bonus episodes per month, available only to patreon partners. These are going to be extended conversations from particular podcasts released that month, but with a more Biblical take and faith-based perspective to help you deepen your confidence in your walk with the Lord.
- Weekly Episode Takeaway Cue Card, to help you carry that week’s most important coaching. These will be pretty wallpapers that you can use on your phone or in your social feed and you’ll have fun wondering what I consider to be the most important take away of each episode.
- Supplement Resources, When Applicable. Here’s the deal, when you become a Patreon Partner of The Confidence Podcast, you’ll be a VIP in our book, and so you better believe that anytime we find resources and tools that are aligned with what we covered in a particular episode, you’ll hear about it and get exclusive access.
Final word: Asking you for money is something we take very seriously. We know it’s no small thing to commit your financial resources to something like a podcast and we deeply respect even your consideration of such a thing. But know that our commitment to you and this community is always to pursue a return on investment that greatly exceeds $5 each month.
Podcasts that Patrons will get this month?
- 5 Old Beliefs About Faith to Leave Behind
- How to Let God Change How You Think
WHAT TRAINING YOUR THOUGHTS MEANS:
Training your thoughts means that you are taking ownership of your life.
It, like fitness, is a lifelong endeavor.
It means that you are choosing to be a victor, not a victim.
It means that you choose a positive explanatory style, not a negative one.
It means that you are learning how to adjust your attitude and inner self-talk.
It means that you are committed to growth.
It means that you are learning from the past so that you’re not condemned to it.
It means that you are working to be the healthiest version of your personality.
It means that you are being intentional about your priorities and time management.
It means that you are humble and open.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:2)
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR THOUGHTS:
- Be intentional: make time.
- Give positivity to be positive.
- Focus on what makes you happy to be alive.
- Do things differently
- Flip every negative into a positive.
- Determine to have crazy faith – dig deep into who God is and His faithfulness.
- Go against what is normal – be willing to be radical
- Think about what matters, not what doesn’t.
- Know that there is a fight for your attention.
- Surrender and invite transformation within from above
- Increase your sleep and practice good sleep hygiene.
THE SECRET TO MAKING TIME TO THINK:
Get off social.
You are not a victim of your thoughts, emotions, circumstances, etc.
If you’re considering becoming a patron to the show, I just want you to know that I couldn’t be more grateful for the investment you would be making into this message. Because of you, we are going to be able to reach more listeners, and one life by one life, help change the world into a more confident, caring and loving place. Your $5 support will not only help me cover the financial cost of producing the show (hosting fees, website costs, etc.) – and my time invested in creating it but also to reach more future listeners; not to mention that you’ll get those 2 bonus exclusive-to-patron-supporters monthly episodes.
You can get started at www.patreon.com/TheConfidencePodcast
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Trish – I wanted to thank you for your wonderful podcast and words of wisdom. We are sisters in Christ and your words have inspired me to dig deeper into my relationships and why I do the things I do. Your topics have sparked reflection and truth and I am so grateful for your daily testimonies. God bless you, my friend, I pray God continues to hold you in His presence, you are doing His work.