36 LITTLE THINGS THAT TRANSFORMED MY CONFIDENCE
This week on The Confidence Podcast we’re chatting about:
- One reason every single one of us can have more confidence each day
- The 36 little things that transformed my confidence
- A new, systematic approach to the confidence I am excited to introduce
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
R + J
Amazing, amazing podcast. A couple of months ago, I began community to work and found myself looking for something to listen to on my hour to two-hour drive. I was not expecting to find something actually worth listening to: I was taken aback by Trish’s podcast and find myself irritated when I have to stop listening once I actually arrive at work. She is so incredibly positive, upbeat and encouraging without being fake. She’s entirely real and down to earth and simply lovely to listen to. Not only do I feel better after listening to every episode, I feel stronger, wiser and much more sure of myself and where I am headed. An absolutely life-changing podcast. This is a must-listen. 🙂
Ya’ll! We’re ranked #158 in all health podcasts. Total podcasts out there? 700,000 (according to podcasting insights and blubrry.
Just a quick note to let you know how much I love all things clean – clean thinking, clean living, clean eating, and clean beauty. I’m sure you’re seeing my favorite clean beauty brand all over the news … we were literally the top Googled beauty trend of 2018 and we are truly effecting change through beauty. If you haven’t fallen in love with Beautycounter yet, you’re the one missing out. Shop for safer beauty and let me love on you a little as a customer … you can place your order at www.beautycounter.com/trishblackwell
HOW CAN YOU GUARANTEE YOURSELF TO HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE EVERY DAY?
What makes me so sure that you have the ability to be more confident each day, even if you don’t “feel” the changes happening?
It’s one thing we all have in common: we are aging.
And with age, comes repetition – and wisdom, and perspective and, repetition again.
Y’all, this is my birthday week, and if you’ve been on brand with me for the past few years, you’ll know that I absolutely love aging. Past episodes I’ve done around my birthday include:
#266: 35 Power Mantras to Improve Your Confidence and Courage
#210: Aging Confidently and Beautifully
#162: 33 Unexpected Things to Be Thankful For
#110: My Best 32 Shares
#58: 31 Ways to Boost Your Confidence
THE 36 THINGS THAT TRANSFORMED MY CONFIDENCE
Real change happens in the littlest of things.
(Story about my mom and the dishwasher – let all that I do be done to the glory of God).
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me … happy birthday to me!
- Gratitude journaling
- Getting a coach
- Focusing on champagne moments and progress
- Seeing myself as a new creation
- Compartmentalizing my past
- Slightly changing my name
- Letting go of trying to impress other people
- Chasing failure
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Permission to be a student
- The color pink
- Making a fool of myself
- Doing things that make me very uncomfortable
- Learning sales by fire
- Worship music
- Keeping my word to myself
- Deciding who I am and giving myself powerful attributes
- Reading every day
- Going for B- work instead of A+ work
- Deciding to be the friendliest and kindest person in the room
- Stretching for two minutes every morning
- Having two c-sections
- Prayer – writing my prayers out, tracking answered prayer and praying for God’s eyes
- My tattoo
- Stopped over apologizing (and people pleasing)
- Developing and training my emotional intelligence
- Deciding that I would be never too old to learn new tricks (example: figure skating)
- Knowing that people need encouragement (seeing them, praising them, remembering them)
- Being the first person to say hello
- Getting on video consistently and behind this mic
- Only owning clothes that I love
- Asking for help
- Being vulnerable (taking the pressure off myself and letting myself just be seen)
MY NEW, SYSTEMATIC APPROACH TO TEACHING CONFIDENCE
The Confidence Formula.
If you’re here, it means you’re ready to create a life that is accelerated by your confidence, not limited by your lack of it. On this Confidence Coaching page, you will find the essential starting places we can help you step out of the prison of self-doubt and into the freedom of self-belief.
Confidence is achieved through a systemized formula, consisting of 3 primary elements of focus and progressing through 5 different stages of growth. Confidence is not for the “lucky” it is for everyone, and this will teach you how to have it for yourself.
Save your seat to be the first to learn the full system:
May 2019 is the last month you will be able to join the College of Confidence at its lowest available rate. Lock in the lowest membership rate possible. Membership rates are going up by 50% and I don’t want you to miss out on the most affordable and supportive coaching program around. Enroll today and save at www.collegeofconfidence.com
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Hi Trish – just wanted to thank you for your words of encouragement, especially those centered in prayer and in God as our ultimate source of confidence! I am listening to #311 and it’s so refreshing to hear the Christian perspective of growing in our confidence. In this day and age, it takes courage to speak from this place and I commend you for being your authentic self and sharing this truth!
Anyway, just wanted to pass that along and to thank you for playing a part in my journey over the years.
Your sister in confidence and in Christ,