10 WAYS TO HAVE BETTER FRIENDSHIPS THAT MATTER
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast we’re chatting about:
- The relationship between relationships and confidence
- 10 ways to have better friendships that matter
- 3 surprising thing I learned about friendship in the past year
This podcast is sponsored today by my online membership, The College of Confidence, the one-stop membership site for increasing confidence. Enrollment and access has been closed for months, but we are now opening the doors and inviting you to join us for the most affordable and engaging coaching services around. Join us for as low as $20 and get the coaching you need to equip you with confidence as you pursue your calling. Find out more and get started at www.collegeofconfidence.com
The College of Confidence is the essential resource for anyone at any stage of personal confidence growth. If you’re still figuring out how to silence self-doubt or like the reflection you see in the mirror, this is the place for you. Or, if you’re already pretty self-assured are just looking for ways to chase your dreams with more courage and gusto, then The College of Confidence can help you get to the next level.
With our extensive course library, monthly trainings, live coaching calls and exclusive ask-anything forum, you get the more affordable and accessible coaching support available online. The College of Confidence is a supportive, active community to help you along the way, with feedback, encouragement and advice. Memberships are available, specializing in self-confidence, social confidence and professional confidence and start at the affordable price of just twenty dollars.
It the perfect place to be for anyone looking to be free from the bondage of self-doubt or self-sabotage. It is the place where we coach you to step confidently into the calling that God created you to live out. Check it out and join us today at www.collegeofconfidence.com
And of course, y’all know I love me some Beautycounter. If you’re into clean eating and tidying up your life, then adding clean beauty is going to be your jam. Go shop and see why I love it so much at beautycounter.com/trishblackwell
REVIEW OF THE WEEK:
I started listening to your podcast. And since you every day on my way to and from work! I am backtracking on your episodes and trying to catch up! But I also don’t want to catch up because you’re so amazing! You have seriously CHANGED my life. I can relate to a lot of it is! You have helped me overcome my eating disorder. Yes. I can’t believe it myself after all these years trying to get help, if I only know that all I had to do was listen to your podcast. Not only that I’m an entrepreneur and started my own business and you give me all the tools I need to succeed. I could go on anon, I’m so grateful for you and this podcast. It changed my life. I recommend you to everyone.
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RELATIONSHIPS AND CONFIDENCE
We are wired for connection.
We were created to contribute.
We feel oxytocin when we are in agreement with others.
Those feel good feelings translate to our own internal dialogue and give us a natural confidence boost as a result.
10 WAYS TO HAVE BETTER FRIENDSHIPS THAT MATTER
- Prioritize connecting with others.
- Practice being vulnerable.
- Put communication high in your value system
- Pour out kindness in small ways
- Pass on judgements, grudges, gossip and criticism
- Be the first person to say hi, to invite, to reach out, to follow up
- Be yourself (and don’t worry about being nerdy or awkward)
- Be a good listener and remember what matters
- Be honest and open about who you are, what you believe and what you care about
- Be generous with your encouragement and compliments.
FOUR SURPRISING THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT FRIENDSHIP IN THE PAST YEAR
- I need intentional, undistracted social time as much as I need undistracted, prioritized work or business time.
- Friendships – good ones – are not convenient. The more inconvenient they are, the more they are worth it and the deeper they contribute to your life.
- My husband is my best friend, and if I want my marriage to grow, I also need to invest in my husband as a friend, and not just a partner, lover, or parent.
- Sometimes just a little bit of friend time is all the soul needs. (45-minutes with Brett, 5 minutes with Angi, small 2-3 minute conversations at the gym)
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Karen Bruecken, my cousin!
Just a quick note to say I’m really proud of everything you’re doing in the name of confidence. IT really is what our country needs and I believe you’re going to take it to the umpteenth level. Keep it going!!! Love you.