SELF-CONFIDENCE SECRETS I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO KNOW
In this episode of #TheConfidnecePodcast we’re chatting about:
- The self-confidence secrets that a confidence coach wants to be sure she is passing down to her daughter
- An inside look to how I am raising my daughter to learn and master these secrets
- How to master some of these secrets for yourself, no matter your current age
This podcast is sponsored in part today by my newest program, The Donut Diet. It’s time to stand up to the bully of shame around food and around your body in your life and to taste the sweetness that life (and food) have to offer! The Donut Diet is only available for a few weeks, so if you are ready to be done with emotional eating, then get started now at www.thedonutdiet.com
It is also sponsored by my partnership with Beuatycounter; Beautycounter is a beautiful B-Corp company committed to getting safer products in the hands of everyone. If you are passionate about your health and about wellness, but aren’t using Beautycounter products yet, then you’re missing a huge part of the health equation – that is, making sure that the products you use aren’t filled with harmful ingredients. Shop for your first Beautycounter at www.beautycounter.com/trishblackwell
THE SELF-CONFIDENCE SECRETS I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO KNOW
Be proud of the space you take up in this world.
- Stand tall.
- Be the first to say hello.
- Lead with a smile.
- Don’t apologize for who you are.
- Know that you are here for a reason and pursue that purpose.
Speak up, always.
- For yourself.
- For how you feel.
- To yourself about how you feel.
- For others.
- For what is right.
- For what you want.
- For your needs and desires.
Push the limits.
- Stretch your beliefs.
- Always think bigger.
- Believe in yourself beyond what seems normal.
- Speak up and always ask for more.
- Expect the best.
- Anticipate a terrific adventure.
- Work hard and be proud of yourself for your committed ethic.
Love people extravagantly.
- Be proactively kind
- Remember that people need your love
- Recharge your love by plugging into God daily as a source
- Love does and wins; the answer is always: love everyone, always.
- To love others you must love yourself.
Shine, baby, shine.
- Pursue your interests, unashamedly.
- Laughter is a gift of yourself to yourself and to the world
- Have an internal sense of self worth and self-respect
- Remember that other peoples actions and opinions aren’t your responsibility
- Control what you can control (you)
- Have clear goals and embrace risk and failure
- Do one thing every day that scares you
- Never settle for less than you deserve, but always be grateful for what you have and for doing your best
- Most people are more insecure than you think: love on them. Build them up.
AN INSIDE LOOK TO HOW I AM PARENTING THESE SECRETS INTO MY DAUGHTER’S LIFE
We have conversations around failure.
We are a household that celebrates humility and forgiveness.
We wrote out our family values.
We encourage adventure.
We open up space for a voice to be heard – even our 1-year-olds and our dog’s.
We do not tolerate limited thinking – we challenge out of the box thinking.
We lead by example – we do things that scare us and talk about them.
We make all emotions okay to talk about.
We do family gratitude sessions before we pray together.
We talk a lot about the need for love in this world.
We promote acts of kindness and social leadership.
And yes, a three-year-old can catch onto these concepts. It is never too young to start, and never too old to learn these either.
HOW TO MASTER THESE SECRETS FOR YOURSELF
Pick two of the ones listed that most jump out at you and get obsessed with them.
Invite a friend to practice them in their life too.
Keep it simple, and then move on to the next two that resonate with where you are with your growth.
Get a confidence coach.
My high-level mastermind for motivated mombosses is now open! I am limiting the group to 8 people and it will be an application process only. Applications are now available atwww.trishblackwell.com/mastermind.
The mastermind will include individual and group coaching, online as well as in person, with the goal to help you double your revenue and double your free time at the same time so that you can be both a better, more present mom and a better, more productive entrepreneur. I’m already dreaming about what the retreat weekends are going to look like for us and can’t wait to make this happen – it will be lifestyle changing and business changing! Qualifications: you must have clear revenue business goals, you must have clear lifestyle goals for you and your family, and you must be willing to prioritize this mastermind with a year-long commitment.
Extended applications: now due November 30th!
THE DONUT DIET:
The Donut Diet is a solution to dieting. It isn’t a diet at all, in fact it is a mental, emotional, and physical reset program that has the power to free someone from the yo-yo diet pendulum for good. The Donut Diet is your answer to understanding how to stop turning to food for comfort and how to finally learn to have a happy and healthy relationship with all types of food.
The Donut Diet is founded on gradual moderation. Gradual moderation is the dietary freedom principle that teaches the subconscious mind to separate food from unhealthy emotional attachment in a way that creates an open and balanced relationship with food, allowing someone to naturally find their natural, happy weight.
HOW THE DONUT DIET CAN HELP YOU
- Identify the root cause of what drives you to have a disordered relationship with food so that you can create sustainable behavior change around food and your eating.
- Free you from anxiety and the pressure of dieting and worrying about food in your life so that you can stop holding onto excess weight because of stress and start naturally finding your ideal body weight with less effort and more joy in your life.
- Follow step-by-step journaling prompts and coaching strategies to free your mind from overthinking and food-related stress so that you can stop numbing your feelings with food for good and start living how you want to live.
- Build your physical and mental confidence as you triumph over self-sabotaging behaviors in a way that you never thought you could… empowering you to realize that you can truly do anything you set your mind to and that you are an amazing creature in growth and transformation.
- Be proud of yourself, decrease your anxiety and stress, improve your self-care habits, learn to listen to your emotions and process them healthily and start using your emotional energy in a positive way to take action on the dreams that are on your heart without insecurity or self-doubt to hold you back.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Meghan Montgomery :
She’s a wife, mom of four, twin mom, autism mom, and super committed to being her best self. I’m celebrating YOU today Meghan because you show up – for the podcast, for coaching, for yourself and for encouraging others. Do not underestimate the power of the gift you are in this world, and I just want you to know that I am cheering you on with every step of growth you make along your journey!