Be free from feeling like a fraud with 3 confidence strategies to overcome Impostor Syndrome in your daily thought life. Today’s Episode #29 of The Confidence Podcast digs deep into the confidence issues that keep us from celebrating and unleashing the greatness that we really have within.
NOTES FROM THE SHOW:
The impostor feelings can be divided into three sub-categories:
1. Feeling like a fake: the belief that one does not deserve his or her successor professional position and that somehow other have been deceived into thinking otherwise. This goes together with a fear of being, “found out”, discovered or “unmasked”. People who feel this way would identify with statements such as: “I can give the impression that I am more competent than I really am.” “I am often afraid that others will discover how much knowledge I really lack”.
2. Attributing success to luck: Another aspect of the impostor syndrome is the tendency to attribute success to luck or to other external reasons and not to your own internal abilities. Someone with such feeling would refer to an achievement by saying, “I just got lucky this time” “it was a fluke” and with fear that they will not be able to succeed the next time.
3. Discounting Success: The third aspect is a tendency to downplay success and discount it. One with such feelings would discount an achievement by saying, “it is not a big deal,” “it was not important.” One example of this is discounting the fact that they made it here, which is really a big success. Or saying, “I did well because it is an easy class, etc.” Or, you might have a hard time accepting compliments.
Three Strategies for Overcoming Impostor Syndrome:
#1: Know that you are good enough
#2: Stop holding your breath
#3: Celebrate big and small wins
BREAKOUT ENROLLMENT: http://www.trishblackwell.com/breakout
DO YOU WANT SOMETHING FREE? YEP. I THINK YOU DESERVE IT.
I am giving away one of my own running plan for anyone wanting to run a 5k, 10K, or marathon. I even have another option for my non-runners out there: a WALKING half marathon plan. Each plan typically sells for $50, so this is a steal of a deal! All you have to do is write a review on Amazon for one of my books or in iTunes for my show or app. You can select one program per review that you write for the following options: (1). Review The Skinny, Sexy Mind: The Ultimate French Secret on Amazon.com (2). Review my ebook Building a Better Body Image: 50 Days to Loving Yourself from the Inside Out on Amazon.com (3). Review my podcast show Confidence on the Go in iTunes under podcasts (4). Review one of my iOS apps in iTunes So, just write a review (and this is on the honor system) and then let me know which running training program you’d like in return. If you’d like more than one program (which I recommend since they’re not always going to be free!), then simply pick another product to review! Pretty simple! Now there’s no excuse not to have a consistent workout plan! Just do it. INSPIRED, WANT TO SHARE YOUR STORY, OR WANT MORE TRISH? Below are more ways to connect with me, check them out, post a comment below or email me for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Trish on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Private Podcast Subscription: http://www.trishblackwell.com/register
- Get coaching from Trish: http://www.trishblackwell.com/confidencecoaching
- Trish’s Apps: http://www.trishblackwell.com/trish-shop
- Things Trish Recommends: http://www.trishblackwell.com/recommendations