HOW TO BE HAPPY WITH WHERE YOU ARE ON YOUR JOURNEY
In this episode of The Confidence Podcast we’re chatting about:
- How to stop comparing yourself to where you think you should be
- Putting yourself in triage for support from being a self-abuser (disguised as “just being hard on yourself” or as “having high expectations”
- Figuring out what you really want in life and what will fill you with happiness (and how to get it)
This podcast is sponsored in part today by my newest program, The Donut Diet. It’s time to stand up to the bully of shame around food and around your body in your life and to taste the sweetness that life (and food) have to offer! The Donut Diet is only available for a few weeks, so if you are ready to be done with emotional eating, then get started now at www.thedonutdiet.com
HOW TO STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO WHERE YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE
- Challenge your preexisting definitions of success
- Get clarity on what you really want in life
- Perspective shift to a larger lens
- Ask yourself what really matters
- Know that you are enough, right now, today, because God says you are
RACE REPORT FROM THE CHICAGO MARATHON
- Guidance goals
- Victory lap
- Forward is a pace
- The mind can do immeasurably more than we think it can
- No one cares
- My moment of self-betrayal (of turning my back on my pre-programmed self-abuse)
PUTTING YOURSELF IN TRIAGE FOR SELF-ABUSE
- Being a jerk to yourself needs to come to a stop at some point.
- Does it really serve you? What are you getting from it? (False sense of effort or control?, Blame? Excuses? Pain? Distraction?)
- “I’m just hard on myself” or “I have high expectations” aren’t justifiable anymore if you want to live a happy and fulfilled life of meaning
- Abuse is never okay – so why it is okay to do to yourself?
FIGURING OUT WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE – AND GOING AFTER IT
- My life shifted when I realized I wanted meaning and happiness more than I wanted applause and praise.
- That said, I am continually reevaluating my goals with money and my business to stay in alignment with what I know I really want because it is easy to get pulled away and to chase some arbitrary measurement of “success”.
- Success is a feeling; a decision you make for yourself, not a measurement or evaluation given to you by someone else.
SUCCESS ISN’T ALWAYS MEASURABLE
Give yourself permission to redefine what success really feels like
What do your best days feel like? What matters to you?
Success for me is often the opposite of what I originally thought it to be.
-It’s kicking the status quo.
-It’s being unapologetic for my truth and beliefs, for my love of the Lord
-It’s being ridiculously me
-It’s sitting with a book and laughing with loved ones, being present
-It’s finding words to describe my feelings and thoughts
-It’s having freedom – time, financial, body, self-expression
PRACTICE SEEING YOURSELF AS SUCCESSFUL
Give yourself opportunity to be uncomfortable
Keep a champagne moments journal
Expect the best, not to be confused with having high-expectations
Push yourself to believe that life is beautiful, and to live it beautifully
My high-level mastermind for motivated mombosses is now open! I am limiting the group to 8 people and it will be an application process only. Applications are now available atwww.trishblackwell.com/mastermind.
The mastermind will include individual and group coaching, online as well as in person, with the goal to help you double your revenue and double your free time at the same time so that you can be both a better, more present mom and a better, more productive entrepreneur. I’m already dreaming about what the retreat weekends are going to look like for us and can’t wait to make this happen – it will be lifestyle changing and business changing! Qualifications: you must have clear revenue business goals, you must have clear lifestyle goals for you and your family, and you must be willing to prioritize this mastermind with a year-long commitment.
Extended applications: now due November 30th!
THE DONUT DIET:
The Donut Diet is a solution to dieting. It isn’t a diet at all, in fact it is a mental, emotional, and physical reset program that has the power to free someone from the yo-yo diet pendulum for good. The Donut Diet is your answer to understanding how to stop turning to food for comfort and how to finally learn to have a happy and healthy relationship with all types of food.
The Donut Diet is founded on gradual moderation. Gradual moderation is the dietary freedom principle that teaches the subconscious mind to separate food from unhealthy emotional attachment in a way that creates an open and balanced relationship with food, allowing someone to naturally find their natural, happy weight.
HOW THE DONUT DIET CAN HELP YOU
- Identify the root cause of what drives you to have a disordered relationship with food so that you can create sustainable behavior change around food and your eating.
- Free you from anxiety and the pressure of dieting and worrying about food in your life so that you can stop holding onto excess weight because of stress and start naturally finding your ideal body weight with less effort and more joy in your life.
- Follow step-by-step journaling prompts and coaching strategies to free your mind from overthinking and food-related stress so that you can stop numbing your feelings with food for good and start living how you want to live.
- Build your physical and mental confidence as you triumph over self-sabotaging behaviors in a way that you never thought you could… empowering you to realize that you can truly do anything you set your mind to and that you are an amazing creature in growth and transformation.
- Be proud of yourself, decrease your anxiety and stress, improve your self-care habits, learn to listen to your emotions and process them healthily and start using your emotional energy in a positive way to take action on the dreams that are on your heart without insecurity or self-doubt to hold you back.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Hello! I wanted to send you a quick message to let you know that you are truly inspiring. I have followed you for years and I thank you for all the positivity and empowerment you bring to my newsfeed. Thank you for being you and sharing your stories with the world. Congratulations on all your success and I look forward to seeing what’s to come for you!