HOW TO GET RID OF SOCIAL ANXIETY AND SELF-DOUBT
Today on The Confidence Podcast we’re chatting about
- The classifiers and fine points between social anxiety and social confidence
- The difference between humility, pride and self-assurance
- 7 simple ways to silence your inner self-doubt
This podcast is sponsored in part today by my newest program, The Donut Diet. It’s time to stand up to the bully of shame around food and around your body in your life and to taste the sweetness that life (and food) have to offer! The Donut Diet is only available for a few weeks, so if you are ready to be done with emotional eating, then get started now at www.thedonutdiet.com
QUOTES ON SOCIAL CONFIDENCE:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss
Whether you think you can or think you can’t— you are right. ~Henry Ford
The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do. ~Author Unknown
Everybody ought to do at least two things each day that he hates to do, just for practice. ~William James
“Self-consciousness is the enemy of all art, be it acting, writing, painting, or living itself, which is the greatest art of all.”
― Ray Bradbury
THE SMALL STEPS TO SHIFT FROM SOCIAL ANXIETY TO SOCIAL CONFIDENCE
Put yourself in everyone else’s insecurity
Focus on love and kindness
Realize people are thinking less about you and more about themselves
Stop waiting and start leading – opening conversations
Remember that everyone is holding their breath and waiting to be “part of”
WARBY PARKER SPONSORSHIP
One of the things that has been giving me social confidence recently has been my transition to glasses. For real, as someone who never wore glasses in their life, but recently found out they needed them, I couldn’t be happier because I absolutely love how stylish my look has gotten, and you better believe there’s only one company I trust to do that: Warby Parker. First off, let’s face it, buying glasses can be expensive, annoying, and overwhelming. Warby Parker has the answer. By cutting out the middleman, and selling directly to customers online and in their stores, Warby Parker is able to provide high-quality, great looking eyewear at a fraction of the usual price. The prescription glasses start at $95. This includes frames, lenses, and coatings. Ya’ll, did I mention that they’re stylish and that I get compliments every single time I wear mine?! The people behind Warby Parker feel that glasses should not cost more than your phone. You might be thinking how you could possibly buy eyeglasses online, well, with Warby Parker that’s like the best part. Warby Parker has a completely free at-home try on program, you can order five pairs of glasses online and have them shipped directly to your home or office. You then have five days to try them on and show friends and family for an honest opinion on what looks best, and then you just use the pre-paid free shipping label to return the samples. It’s 100% free, really easy and actually super fun. Go ahead, upgrade your glasses style and confidence and go to warbyparker.com/confidence and order your part favorite pair. (By the way, they’ll even call your doctor if you don’t have a prescription handy go to worry – that’s WARBY Parker.com/confidence to get started with a free home try-on.)
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRIDE AND SELF-ASSURANCE
The prideful person doesn’t:
accept help or admit to needing help
accept that they can be wrong
accept that they are obsessed with self-glorification
take others into account
focus on building others up
wants to be the best / obsessed with competition instead of collaboration
goes alone at everything
accept criticism or critic openly
believe in growth mindset
The confident person does:
seeks advice and counsel
works at collaboration
is mindful about their flaws and is growing in those areas
focuses on their own lane – at expanding the gifts God has given them
celebrates the gifts and successes of others
works to build others up
relish in their resilience
believe in growth mindset
work on removing their self-limiting thoughts
7 WAYS TO SILENCE INNER SELF-DOUBT
- Speak up for your inner self – be your own friend.
- Sort through the messages in your mind for the real truth.
- Slow down.
- Stop comparing.
- See your real potential.
- Show up for your purpose and your place.
My high-level mastermind for motivated mombosses is now open! I am limiting the group to 8 people and it will be an application process only. Applications are now available atwww.trishblackwell.com/mastermind.
The mastermind will include individual and group coaching, online as well as in person, with the goal to help you double your revenue and double your free time at the same time so that you can be both a better, more present mom and a better, more productive entrepreneur. I’m already dreaming about what the retreat weekends are going to look like for us and can’t wait to make this happen – it will be lifestyle changing and business changing! Qualifications: you must have clear revenue business goals, you must have clear lifestyle goals for you and your family, and you must be willing to prioritize this mastermind with a year-long commitment.
Applications are due October 17th!
THE DONUT DIET:
The Donut Diet is a solution to dieting. It isn’t a diet at all, in fact it is a mental, emotional, and physical reset program that has the power to free someone from the yo-yo diet pendulum for good. The Donut Diet is your answer to understanding how to stop turning to food for comfort and how to finally learn to have a happy and healthy relationship with all types of food.
The Donut Diet is founded on gradual moderation. Gradual moderation is the dietary freedom principle that teaches the subconscious mind to separate food from unhealthy emotional attachment in a way that creates an open and balanced relationship with food, allowing someone to naturally find their natural, happy weight.
HOW THE DONUT DIET CAN HELP YOU
- Identify the root cause of what drives you to have a disordered relationship with food so that you can create sustainable behavior change around food and your eating.
- Free you from anxiety and the pressure of dieting and worrying about food in your life so that you can stop holding onto excess weight because of stress and start naturally finding your ideal body weight with less effort and more joy in your life.
- Follow step-by-step journaling prompts and coaching strategies to free your mind from overthinking and food-related stress so that you can stop numbing your feelings with food for good and start living how you want to live.
- Build your physical and mental confidence as you triumph over self-sabotaging behaviors in a way that you never thought you could… empowering you to realize that you can truly do anything you set your mind to and that you are an amazing creature in growth and transformation.
- Be proud of yourself, decrease your anxiety and stress, improve your self-care habits, learn to listen to your emotions and process them healthily and start using your emotional energy in a positive way to take action on the dreams that are on your heart without insecurity or self-doubt to hold you back.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Why? Becasue you stepped out; because you are willing to be uncomfortable