HOW TO KNOW THAT YOUR VOICE
MATTERS AND REALLY BELIEVE IT
In this episode of Confidence on the Go we’re chatting about:
- Why your voice matters, and yes, I mean every voice
- Overcoming your fears of feeling like a fool or imposture when you start letting your voice shine and speak up
- How to take the belief that your voice matters and put it into action
As always, a quick hello to all of my Keep the Faith listeners, thanks for being a part of this extended community of contagious encouragement.
I am proud to be an educator and consultant for Beautycounter, a B-Corp company on a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. The lack of regulation in the personal care and cosmetic industry is astounding and it is harming our health in very serious ways. We need more voices to join up on our mission. If you want to put your passion to purpose while being generously compensated, then I would love to start a conversation with you about what it means to be involved in the #saferbeauty tribe that is Beautycounter. Join the movement of #betterbeauty and message me via email to make your voice really resonate for a cause. Shop for your own Beautycounter collection at www.beautycounter.com/trishblackwell
QUOTES ON THE POWER OF LETTING YOUR VOICE SPEAK UP
Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes. –Maggie Kuhn
The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can. –Neil Gaiman
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. –Coco Chanel
So, open you mouth, lad! For every voice counts! –Dr. Seuss
Be a voice, not an echo.
WHY YOUR VOICE MATTERS
- It is unique.
- Only you see the world the way you do.
- God gave you a story, it’s not yours to keep.
- You might be the voice that needs to speak for those who can’t yet
- You are alive – your work is not done – your voice is the propeller to your work, your influence, your legacy and your impact.
For me – one voice can change my day, my week, my month, my year, my future, my world.
Never underestimate the power of words.
OVERCOMING THE OBSTACLES THAT KEEP YOUR VOICE FROM RESONATING
A few of the obstacles that keep people’s voices silenced….
- Fear of being perceived as a fool or as self-righteous
- Feelings of being “behind” or unworthy of having anything to give that isn’t already out there
- False belief that the world has enough influencers and that you have nothing to contribute
- Overthinking the next-steps and the future
- Negative self-talk and tapes
- Pity-party and self-comparison – assuming a fixed mindset
- Worrying about saying what you have to say “perfectly” instead of just getting it out and there and tweaking the message, letting your voice find its way as you practice putting it out there
- Self-consumption – not realizing that keeping the beauty of your voice to yourself that you are keeping it from the world
- Unwillingness to take ownership of the emotional work that is to be done in owning one’s own story and voice
- A “what’s the point” dialogue of resignation
- Comparison to anyone else (“Contentment comes when we choose to see the immeasurable, incomparable beauty of each human, including the one in the mirror.” -Kay Wills Wyma)
TAKING THE BELIEF THAT YOUR VOICE MATTERS AND PUTTING IT INTO ACTION
- Take action before you are ready.
- Ignore the haters in your mind – expect to feel like an imposter and to question yourself.
- Commit to your contribution to the world.
- Craft your story – decide what is on your heart to share and start sharing
- Create a system that challenges you to keep showing up and speaking up.
- Practice speaking up in ways you normally wouldn’t
- Stop worrying about the end result – God will take care of that – worry about your part.
COLLEGE OF CONFIDENCE
Perfectionism leads to procrastination, procrastination leads to powerlessness. I want more than that for you, which is why I’m dedication this upcoming month of coaching and strategic content in The College of Confidence to “overcoming perfectionism.” If you join us now, I am confident that you will break the chains of perfectionism this month and you will leverage your inner power and strength in a way you never imagined possible. I want to help you find freedom from the toxic trap that comes with perfectionistic thinking and I want to help you personally move forward your goals in a massive way. You’re the only thing standing in your own way, so get out of your way and come get into The College of Confidence before you miss out on any of this exciting upcoming coaching!
Think about it, The College of Confidence isn’t a “nice-to-have” kind of thing – I think it’s a “necessary-to-have” support network and coaching service, and at the price of less than the cost of a cup of coffee, just $1.50/day, you really can’t find anything of its caliber quite like it. On top of that, with six months of archived coaching sessions at your disposal (valued at $2400), you are getting crazy bang for your buck!
Say “no” to powerlessness and “yes” to the power that is waiting to be fired up within you … enroll today and trust yourself that this is indeed your next best step to take >>> www.trishblackwell.com/college
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I also wanted to just leave a quick note about how truly grateful I am for having stumbled across your podcast. I actually found it MONTHS ago but never listened until one day about 2 months ago. Each day since I have listened to a new episode and I literally feel like every time, you are speaking directly to me with what I need to hear. I have started my own health coaching business but have struggled a lot with limiting myself, self doubt, and an exhausting quest for perfectionism and worth. I still have so far to go, but you have helped me made some really positive realizations and tools to put into practice as I work through these mental challenges and blossom into the woman I was put on this Earth to be. Thank you for sharing your story and being so damn real…I relate to you so much and appreciate you more than you know.