LIES OF PERFECTIONISM
WITH PETRA KOLBER
In this week’s episode of #ConfidenceOnTheGo, we’re chatting about:
- The lies perfectionism tells you and what believing them will do to you
- How letting go of perfectionism will increase your happiness
- Why the world is waiting for your imperfect voice, not your perfect silence
Just a quick hello to all of my Keep the Faith listeners out there – thanks for being part of the community of contagious encouragement.
I am proud to be an educator and consultant for Beautycounter, a B-Corp company on a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. The lack of regulation in the personal care and cosmetic industry is astounding and it is harming our health in very serious ways. We need more voices to join up on our mission. If you want to put your passion to purpose while being generously compensated, then I would love to start a conversation with you about what it means to be involved in the #saferbeauty tribe that is Beautycounter. Join the movement of #betterbeauty and message me via email to make your voice really resonate for a cause. Shop for your own Beautycounter collection at www.beautycounter.com/trishblackwell
PETRA KOLBER BIO:
Petra is a movement motivator with 25 years experience presenting at the key fitness events around the globe and has led workshops in over 20 countries. She appears regularly as a fitness expert on the morning news shows including The Today Show and The CBS Early Show.
Petra is a Reebok Global Fitness Ambassador, the fitness expert for California Walnuts and the spokesperson for Yes Fitness Music. She has consulted for many companies including Gatorade, Acacia Media, and Health Magazine.
Named one of America’s top trainers over 40 by Spry Living, Petra has choreographed and appeared in over 35 award winning workout DVD’s. She is also the recipient of the Canadian Fitness Professionals International Instructor of the year (2000), IDEA Instructor of the Year (2001), ECA Best Female Presenter 2011, 2010, 2004 and 2003.
Petra completed a certificate program in positive psychology with Tal Ben-Shahar, Ph.D. and has combined the academic research from that field with her many years as a leading fitness expert with certifications from ACSM and ACE to create Moving to Happiness®.
As a two-time cancer survivor, she is passionate about waking people up to the power of their own story and the precious gift of time. Her mission is to inspire people to move to happiness. Whether presenting to a group of 1000 or at an intimate gathering of 10, Petra, brings heart, humor, energy and empathy to all of her presentations.
INSPIRATION FROM THE INTERVIEW:
BE HERE NOW!
Acceptance – reflect vs. ruminate
Perfection doesn’t know what to do with the word gratitude.
Gratitude and perfectionism can’t stay in our heart at the same time.
Perfectionism doesn’t allow us to be grateful with what we have.
The world is waiting for your imperfect voice not for your perfect silence.
I’m at my most confident when I’m at my present moment. I am my least confident when I am in the past.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Audio clip J
THE COLLEGE OF CONFIDENCE WILL GIVE YOU THE COURAGE & SKILLS TO:
- Pursue your dreams
- Break toxic thought cycles
- Live with more confidence
- Speak confidently in front of others
- Improve your self-awareness
- Deepen your important relationships
- Launch your happiness to a new height
- Love others more selflessly
- Contribute in a deep way to the world around you
- Command more respect from others
- Have more fun more often
- Master the art of living beautifully
- Lean into love, not into fear
- Create more clarity for your vision of a life well-lived
- Plant roots of meaning to water your legacy
INCLUDED IN YOUR COLLEGE MEMBERSHIP TUITION:
- Video coaching delivered weekly to private membership and online feeds
- Goal setting, sharing and journaling support to move your dreams forward in a structured way
- Community connection and support – a community of positivity and celebration
- Confidence challenges with actionable accountability to help you grow
- Assignments and support from the collaboration of the collective college
- Monthly syllabus for continual themed progression
- Application on all exercises and development for 101, 201, 301 and 401 levels
- Monthly live (and recorded) group chat and coaching – 60 Minutes
- Virtual book club with highlights and summary application points provided
Said another way, you get:
Community & Connection
Group Coaching Sessions
Q&A Access to Trish Blackwell
Goal Setting & Sharing
Accountability & Follow Up
Monthly Book Club
Action Items & Challenges