WITH SHIELA VIERS
In this week’s episode we are talking to Shiela Viers about:
- Why we fall into self-sabotage, particularly when it comes to our relationships with food and how to stop making food a moralistic decision in your life
- The difference between pushing yourself and supporting yourself
- Ways to maximize your metabolism by modifying your lifestyle – tips on how you can actually repair your metabolism
ABOUT SHIELA VIERS:
Sheila’s passion is to help women break free from the restriction, self-sabotage, and guilt that typically comes along with traditional dieting and weight loss methods. On her website she shows you that you CAN experience a freedom-based approach to achieving your ideal body and feeling amazing in your skin.
After years of yo-yo dieting, over-exercising, and issues ranging from food sensitivities to hormonal problems, Sheila learned how to get out of “body jail,” aligned with her ideal body weight, and healed her body’s imbalances.
Through she flagship ROCK Your Dream Body programs and 1-on-1 coaching she teach women how to create this freedom and ease in their own lives. Sheila’s goal is to help you not only achieve a body that you feel amazing walking around in, but to also reconnect you with the parts of yourself — the joy, adventure, thrill, love, peace, confidence — that makes life worth living.
INTERVIEW WITH SHIELA:
- A food lifestyle that allows yourself to feel pleasure.
- Fitness and movement lifestyle that is a good fit for you.
- Understanding your emotions / physiological response on your body.
When you walk around stressed your body can’t function optimally.
The difference between pushing myself and supporting myself.
The effects of stress and multi-tasking on your body while you eat – not only does it make you feel rushed, but it affects your digestion.
MAXIMIZE YOUR METABOLISM:
- By slowing down
- By reducing stress
- By eliminating “to-do’s”
- By prioritizing self-care
WHAT MAKES SHEILA CONFIDENT?
“Connection to my body and to my intuition is what makes me confident.” – Sheila Viers
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I wanted to write and say THANK YOU. I’ve been meaning to send you a thank you for a few weeks now. I am a new listener and your podcast today on survival mode couldn’t have come at a better time. Today I was truly in surviver mode and I have been for about 3 years. I haven’t been sleeping due to anxiety and every day I tell myself “I’ll get through this day.” I so badly wish to not say this to myself, as I have a job that can greatly impact others. I teach elementary music classes in public schools. A person who wants to “get through the day” is not someone I intended to be when I majored in music education. I want to be impacting others and the amazing kids that I teach every day. Thank you for reminding me this.
You are an inspiration to me as I can listen to someone who has been through something horrific too and is thriving. You are showing me that I can more than survive, I can thrive. I’ve always been a big dreamer and I’m finally, slowly growing into the person I am meant to be. I’m dreaming big and fighting against my fears. I am wanting to spend time in France like you next summer, start my own business (a local music school with private music lessons) and I am also running my first 5K in October. Every day I get closer to these goals and you are a big part of why. Thank you, Trish. You have NO idea what you have done for me!
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
Brene Brown’s TED Talk, “Listening to Shame”:[ted id=1391]
Brene Brown’s book, The Gifts of Imperfection
Download the Punch Out Perfectionism Worksheet: www.trishblackwell.com/perfectionismworksheet
Follow me on Periscope, @trainerTRISH and share my ‘scope with your friends!
Give yourself the gift of Emerge. Go for a week without buying coffee out and inside have your coffee at home with me. Each day for seven days you’ll spend some quality time with me (just 15 minutes needed) intended to help you emerge and grow into more of who you are meant to be. The Emerge Experience will help give you the courage to face your fears and to stand up the little voices in your head that are your own worst enemy.
- I have three open spaces for accountability coaching – do something decisive today and start taking action on your life…start really living and let me walk alongside you as you do! If you are looking for an accountability coach, I have space to take on three new clients. Go to http://www.trishblackwell.com/accountability-coaching/or email me if you are interested in more information.
- Another way to practice decisiveness is to take action on doing that thing, signing up for that race or program, or writing that thank you card to that person you have lost touch with … stop everything you are doing and decide to do that thing right now, today, as soon as this episode is done.
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
SHOW NOTES: IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
Voicemail on my website
Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
Twitter – @trainerTRISH
Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
Instagram – @traintrishtrain