YOU HAVE POWER
The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
–Alice Walker, American author and Activist
In this week’s episode we’ll be:
- Highlighting 7 specific ways to invest in and improve you own personal power
- Talking about how to find your own personal power
- Creating and casting vision to see how you can use your personal power
Power is the faculty or capacity to act, the strength and potency to accomplish something. It is the vital energy to make choices and decisions. It also includes the capacity to overcome deeply embedded habits and to cultivate higher, more effective ones.
-Stephen R. Covey
IMPROVE YOUR PERSONAL POWER BY:
- Investing in healthy relationship choices
- Never neglecting yourself or your personal needs
- Focusing on possibilities instead of problems
- Continually investing in your self-development
- Knowing your priorities and manage your time accordingly
- Heightening your confidence and self-trust
- Knowing that you matter and the story you live out matters
Your power to choose can never be taken from you. It can be neglected and it can be ignored. But if used, it can make all the difference.
The power of CHOICE is the greatest power we have been given!
DEVELOPING PERSONAL POWER THROUGH CHOICE:
- The power to choose your attitude.
- The power to choose to change a habit.
- The power to choose the focus of your attention.
- The power to choose to forgive others.
- The power to choose to love.
- The power to choose to do giant things with your life
- The power to choose to make a difference.
To create power is like a magnet, this is true because this creative power operates like a magnet. Give it a strong clear picture of what you want and this creative power starts to work magnetizing conditions about you — attracting to you things, resources, opportunities, circumstances and even the people you need, to help bring to pass in your outer life what you have pictured.
-Claude M. Bristol (1891-1951)
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
- I have three open spaces for accountability coaching – do something decisive today and start taking action on your life…start really living and let me walk alongside you as you do! If you are looking for an accountability coach, I have space to take on three new clients. Go to http://www.trishblackwell.com/accountability-coaching/or email me if you are interested in more information.
- Another way to practice decisiveness is to take action on doing that thing, signing up for that race or program, or writing that thank you card to that person you have lost touch with … stop everything you are doing and decide to do that thing right now, today, as soon as this episode is done.
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
SHOW NOTES: IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
Twitter – @trainerTRISH
Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
Instagram – @traintrishtrain