When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that is itself a choice.
–William James, American psychologist and philosopher
In this week’s episode we will be talking about:
- How you can conquer indecision.
- Four active strategies on how to be more decisive
- The benefits of decisiveness and how they will positively impact your life
“It’s not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are.” –Roy E. Disney
You can conquer indecision.
To truly live is to be decisive.
Decisiveness gives you an advantage in life … it is a gift, which means you can develop it.
BENEFITS OF DECISIVENESS:
Gives you an advantage in life
STRATEGIES TO OVERCOME INDECISION:
- Make a decision within 48 hours on the big stuff.
- Make a decision within 60 seconds on the small stuff.
- Know what you want out of life.
- Get an accountability coach.
BONUS THOUGHT OF THE WEEK:
Are you expressing your gratitude well?
“True gratitude can’t remain silent, it must express itself” –Joel Osteen
If you want to express gratitude to me for hosting this show or to the community of Be Morers out there, then please consider leaving a review in iTunes. It would be my honor to shout out your name on the air with a virtual high five and hug!
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I wanted to write and thank you very much for your recent show on anger. I listened to it 3 times, and cried each time. Your show made me realize just how angry and broken that I am, and what I have to do to get over it and move on. In 2008, after a long process of fertility treatments and eventual success, my wife suffered a miscarriage. I didn’t know how to deal with my grief and anger, and I turned to bulimia as a way to cope with everything. I fought that battle for almost two years, going from a “normal” looking guy, to a man who was almost literally skin and bones. I was eventually hospitalized and then transferred to a different hospital to deal with my eating disorder. When you announced on your show that you were pregnant, while I was very happy for you and your husband, I still had problems dealing with it and I stopped listening. Yesterday, I started listening again, and again, I want to thank you so much for the show on anger. I wrote down the 5 steps to deal with anger, and put them on the refrigerator, so I see them at least a couple times every day. You and your show are a true inspiration, and I thank God for it and you.
- I have three open spaces for accountability coaching – do something decisive today and start taking action on your life…start really living and let me walk alongside you as you do! If you are looking for an accountability coach, I have space to take on three new clients. Go to http://www.trishblackwell.com/accountability-coaching/or email me if you are interested in more information.
- Another way to practice decisiveness is to take action on doing that thing, signing up for that race or program, or writing that thank you card to that person you have lost touch with … stop everything you are doing and decide to do that thing right now, today, as soon as this episode is done.
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
SHOW NOTES: IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
Twitter – @trainerTRISH
Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
Instagram – @traintrishtrain