BETHANY HAMILTON INTERVIEW ON BEAUTY, WORTH, AND PURPOSE
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That’s what little girls are made of.
In this week’s episode we are:
- Interviewing my surfing hero and one of the most inspirational women I can think of…Bethany Hamilton!
- Getting Bethany’s insight on beauty, purpose and worth and how to cling to those things in spite of the curve balls life throws at you
- A quick summary of what my first three months of being a mom have felt like and what I am currently praying over my daughter
(Image from Bethany’s website: www.bethanyhamilton.com)
Bethany Hamilton has become a source of inspiration to millions through her story of determination, faith and hope. During a surf session on Halloween morning 2003, Bethany was attacked by a 14-foot tiger shark, which bit off her left arm and seemed to end her career as a rising surf star. Just one month after the attack, Bethany returned to the water and just over a year later won her first National title. In 2007, she realized her dream of surfing professionally and since then her story has been told in a New York Times best selling autobiography and in the 2011 film, SOUL SURFER. Bethany is involved in numerous charitable efforts, including her own foundation, Friends of Bethany, which reaches out to encourage amputees and youth by offering hope to overcome through Jesus Christ. Using her platform as a professional athlete to promote living a fit and healthy lifestyle, she authored the book BODY AND SOUL in 2014. Now as a wife, mother, professional surfer, author, and motivational speaker, Bethany continues to touch and inspire lives globally.
Husband: Adam Dirks (married on 08/18/13)
Children: a son expected June 2015!
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES FROM BETHANY:
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of. -Bethany Hamilton
Being out there in the ocean, God’s creation, it’s like a gift He has given us to enjoy. -Bethany Hamilton
God created the heavens and earth, the oceans and waves for our enjoyment. Surfing is just my way of worshipping Him. -Bethany Hamilton
Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are! -Bethany Hamilton
INTERVIEW WITH BETHANY ON WORTH, PURPOSE & BEAUTY!
3-MONTH MOMMA UPDATE:
- First off, it is noteworthy to say that this is my first baby – my puppy Finnegan’s first birthday today! Happy Birthday Finn!
- Secondly, I find motherhood to be everything like I expected and nothing like it at all. To find out what I mean by that, and to read exactly what I am praying over Ellie so that she will be covered with generosity, confidence, peacefulness, hopefulness and happiness, go to my blog post this week at www.trishblackwell.com
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Julie Anne9 from iTunes!
- Insecurity Detox is now the Emerge Experience! Find out more at trishblackwell.com/emerge (explain reason for name change…mention following and fulfilling one of my major dreams)
- The next session of Breakout starts in May! Register at www.trishblackwell.com/breakout
- Need more tools and resources to elevate your confidence and how you feel about yourself as you step up to “be more,”? …if you haven’t already, download my FREE Roadmap to Confidence at trishblackwell.com/roadmap … it is the weekly tool that can triple your confidence and accelerate your journey along the road to success….and it only takes five minutes per week to do. Get yours free at www.trishblackwell.com/roadmap
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain