POSITION YOUR PERSPECTIVE
In this week’s episode we will:
- Talk about WHY you must position your perspective
- Give you 7 methods to remind yourself so you can know how to position your perspective
- Train your mind to not get lost in the tunnel of negativity and how to always look for and believe in the light that is at the end of the tunnel
- Announce the LISTENER OF THE YEAR!
BIG VIRTUAL THANK YOUS TO:
Legacy Pecans Princess (Heather)
NOW, ONTO THE TOPIC: POSITION YOUR PERSPECTIVE
I’ve been inspired by two recent occurrences in my life:
- the loss of someone I loved… and the lesson that echoes is: LIFE IS SHORT & UNPREDICTABLE.
- my experience of giving birth and the recovery afterward…and the lesson the echoes is: DON’T LET THE FOG OF A CHALLENGE BLIND YOU TO THE LARGER PICTURE OF LIFE…THIS WAY YOU CAN REALLY CARPE DIEM.
STARTING WITH RYAN:
Because the real way to get perspective in life is to remember just how precious and short it is. We are literally not guaranteed tomorrow, let alone the rest of today. I don’t mean to be morbid; I just want to call you to rise to living life with this truth at the forefront of your mind.
Death shakes us all – and it is difficult to process, but here are a few things I have been reminded of this week … lessons that I don’t want to ever forget that I have learned from Ryan.
- Every day is a gift.
- Pursue your passion.
- Always smile – life is too short to waste any of it.
- You will be remembered by others – what is it that you want them to say about you?
- Your life touches more people than you probably realize – keep this in mind as you walk through days or seasons of your life where you feel like you don’t matter.
PERSPECTIVE SHIFT TWO:
As many of you already know, I have a very all-or-nothing personality, which can be good at times, but can also be my most challenging and destructive trait. When overwhelmed – if I don’t “capture my thoughts” – I can have the propensity to get “lost in the tunnel”.
Lost in the tunnel is when you think that something will never end. You believe the negativity and the lies that the situation has no hope to change. The tunnel is a bad place to be – it is a place where hope does not exist and cynicism and fear pervade (being in the tunnel is easy – it’s a lazy engagement of the mind)
Fight the tunnel with this truth: “This too shall pass.” OR “When things are bad they won’t always be bad.”
Personally I had a moment during labor when I felt like I was going to die – the pain was too intense, Ellie was going into distress and I felt like the pain would never go away. I went to the tunnel.
The second time I most recently went to the tunnel was the hormonal recovery from delivery. (Night sweats, extreme thirst, swelling, fatigue – there seemed to be no end in sight…but in all reality it actually didn’t last very long…it was just that in the midst of the journey I lost sight of the light)
When we believe in the darkness of the tunnel we become:
- Fearful (that it will always be that way)
We must remember that every tunnel has an ending. There is a light – and you must believe that it’s there, even before you can see it. The ability to reframe your mindset will make the difference between allowing you to be someone who lives life to the fullest – knowing that each day is a gift and is short – and someone who is just surviving life, trying to make it from day to day and never really maximizing their presence on earth.
POSITION YOUR PERSPECTIVE:
Here are the 7 ways you can proactively position your perspective:
- Assessing your overall situation
- Giving yourself small time frames to segment your experience
- Enlarge your faith – ask for His help
- Remind yourself verbally that you need to switch perspective and get perspective
- Focus on your blessings – come up with 10 things to be thankful for
- Look for the growth opportunity in the experience
- Envisioning the light / the change
- Insecurity Detox is now the Emerge Experience! Find out more at trishblackwell.com/emerge (explain reason for name change…mention following and fulfilling one of my major dreams)
- Get excited for the month of April (well, in addition to be excited for the celebration of perhaps the greatest day in history, Easter) – I’m going to be enlisting you to join me in a “happiness challenge” …more details to come in next week’s episode and on my Facebook page and blog.
- Need more tools and resources to elevate your confidence and how you feel about yourself as you step up to “be more,”? …if you haven’t already, download my FREE Roadmap to Confidence at trishblackwell.com/roadmap … it is the weekly tool that can triple your confidence and accelerate your journey along the road to success….and it only takes five minutes per week to do. Get yours free at www.trishblackwell.com/roadmap
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Just wanted to provide you with some feedback from your App. I am replying from our previous thread from when I started my journey +/- 15 weeks ago so you could remember me. This past Sunday I completed my first half marathon. My time wasn’t awesome, but I finished, and quicker than my original goal time when I started of 2:30. I made it in 2:27 and some change. I tweaked my training program slightly along the way to accommodate my busy work schedule, but ultimately I owe a lot of my accomplishment to your inspiration and training program. I truly was a couch to half marathon as I hadn’t done any athletic activity in years. I really enjoyed following the program. I have already purchased the PR half marathon app as I get to work on that. Thank you so much for helping me in my journey. See my picture attached my wife took of me next to the finish line. I look forward to continue to follow you on Facebook and Twitter and to get going with the PR app. Thanks again!
LISTENER OF THE YEAR CONTEST:
RUNNER UP: STELLA GONZALEZ!
Stella is going to receive access to the Emerge Experience for free!
WINNER: MEREDITH PLACE!
Merri gets a prize package worth over $500!
- Access to Breakout
- Access to the Emerge Experience
- Skype Mini Coaching Session with me!
Here’s what she had to say:
I’ve been listening to your show for a little over a year now. In that time I’ve experienced a great feeling of self-worth and personal development. You have led me to embrace unforeseen events in life, get out of a toxic relationship (and find a new/amazing one), make and attain goals, and create/follow a WLWB list. When I began my journey with you I was in a bad place due to side effects of a medication. So you helped me a lot through that time (I switched meds and now I’m good). Journaling has helped me a lot also. I almost can’t live without it now.
Your podcast has helped me help others by improving my listening skills, and helping them see value in themselves, and encourage them as you have encouraged me. I’ve always been one of those people are very comfortable talking to and seeking advice from. While dating, after the toxic relationship, I met some great guys that really opened up to me and complimented me on this trait. I’ve also tried to help some of my closer friends through some difficult times. Your advice and quotes have guided me to do/say the right things.
Thanks for all you do. Looking forward to your next Podcast!
I have TWO open accountability coaching spots – first come, first serve.
Accountability coaching is for
- anyone determined to make this year their best year yet and wanting assurance that they will stay on top of their game and goals, not losing focus or momentum through the year
- anyone with a goal that really matters to them who wants assurance that they will stick with their pursuit of their goal
- anyone who struggles with follow-through and wants to change that
- anyone looking to have an edge on achieving their goals or dreams and wants a coach in their corner to keep them on track and consistent
- anyone wanting fitness / workout accountability and personal training advice
- anyone who has completed the Breakout Program and is looking for their next step of personal development and growth
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain