LEAVING OTHERS BETTER
There is no such thing as a neutral interaction…whatever you do, be intentional to leave others better.
In this episode we will discuss:
- How there is no such thing as a neutral interaction and how you can use this knowledge to love others more effectively and intentionally
- The three ways to leave others better
- How to grow your heart in generosity as you accept and offer help to others
- Thanks to everyone who entered the Listener of the Year content…winners will be announced NEXT week!
- Thank you to the following folks who have left a review in iTunes for the show!
Angelica Charlie Weeks
TODAY’S TOPIC: LEAVING OTHERS BETTER
Questions for reflection:
- There is no such thing as a neutral interaction.
- Is what you are doing leaving someone better or worse than when you found them?
As a first time mom I have encountered a whole new world in the past two months. A newborn is both challenging and life-changing…but even more challenging than that has been a lesson that I needed to learn: the challenge of accepting help and generosity from others.
How can you leave others better?
Here are three basic precepts of how:
- Accepting help
- Asking for help
- Paying help forward
- Know that you don’t always “need” it, but it is better to have it.
- Know that accepting help honors others and allows them to be generous.
- Know that in doing so you are building a community with others and are more authentically connecting with people by allowing them to know that you aren’t an island trying to do everything on your own.
Asking for Help:
- Opens your heart to humility and breaks us from pride in our heart that we can do it all and be it all
- Gives others the opportunity to love you
- Makes you a stronger person for being able to admit a weakness … though I hesitate to call it a weakness, because asking for help and allowing a community to surround you is actually character strength.
Paying Help Forward
- The little ways you can serve and love others have more impact than money could ever buy; never underestimate the power of small acts of kindness and help
- Creates within you a generous spirit, which is a learned and practiced skill and which, when engaged, grows stronger and stronger allowing you to pay help, love and generosity forward…which will always come back to you according to the Golden Rule.
- Setting others up to have to accept your acts of kindness and love is a way to love them
- Insecurity Detox is now the Emerge Experience! Find out more at trishblackwell.com/emerge (explain reason for name change…mention following and fulfilling one of my major dreams)
- Get excited for the month of April (well, in addition to be excited for the celebration of perhaps the greatest day in history, Easter) – I’m going to be enlisting you to join me in a “happiness challenge” …more details to come in next week’s episode and on my Facebook page and blog.
- Need more tools and resources to elevate your confidence and how you feel about yourself as you step up to “be more,”? …if you haven’t already, download my FREE Roadmap to Confidence at trishblackwell.com/roadmap … it is the weekly tool that can triple your confidence and accelerate your journey along the road to success….and it only takes five minutes per week to do. Get yours free at www.trishblackwell.com/roadmap
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I just wanted to write and thank you for the Emerge Experience.
It has been such a blessing for me in my life right now. There are many changes going on in my life right now. Many I do not have any control over. My husband and I will be relocating to a new city to be closer to our children so our house is for sale. There will be the move, the adjustment to a new city, and an impending job change. My husband is already working there so I am at home by myself until the house sells. It has its good days and bad days.
The Emerge Experience came at the perfect time for me. It showed me that who I am is good enough and that as I move into this new phase of my life I can be confident that I have a unique set of skills and talents to offer.
It has also helped me be more positive with my co-workers and my family. The daily affirmations really do work. I plan to continue reading them every day!!!
Thanks again for the program. It has been life changing for me. I plan to review it often as I am sure I will learn something new as I review the material!
I have four open accountability coaching spots – first come, first serve.
Accountability coaching is for
- anyone determined to make this year their best year yet and wanting assurance that they will stay on top of their game and goals, not losing focus or momentum through the year
- anyone with a goal that really matters to them who wants assurance that they will stick with their pursuit of their goal
- anyone who struggles with follow-through and wants to change that
- anyone looking to have an edge on achieving their goals or dreams and wants a coach in their corner to keep them on track and consistent
- anyone wanting fitness / workout accountability and personal training advice
- anyone who has completed the Breakout Program and is looking for their next step of personal development and growth
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – www.trishblackwell.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain