STRONG, NOT SKINNY
THE CONFIDENT MOM PODCAST
We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”
~ Laura Stavoe Harm
Today, the confident mom community is chatting about
- Teaching our children to be confident in their strengths
- How the way we define strength for ourselves impacts the way our children see strength
- 2 tips to help you pursue being strong instead of being skinny
I’ve been passionately launching my newest book, Insecurity Detox: A Breakout Plan to Rejuvenate Your Mind, Body and Spirit … grab your own copy at www.insecuritydetox.com
I am proud to be an educator and consultant for Beautycounter, a B-Corp company on a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. The lack of regulation in the personal care and cosmetic industry is astounding and it is harming our health in very serious ways. We need more voices to join up on our mission. If you want to put your passion to purpose while being generously compensated, then I would love to start a conversation with you about what it means to be involved in the #saferbeauty tribe that is Beautycounter.
Join the movement of #betterbeauty and message me via email to make your voice really resonate for a cause.
STRONG, NOT SKINNY.
The message I want to teach my daughter is that I believe I am beautiful.
Do I always believe that? No, my mind manipulates my emotions all the time. But I know it to be truth. I am in the constant pursuit of training my mind to be strong in truth.
Mom, do you want to be skinny?
No, I want to be strong.
WHAT DOES STRENGTH MEAN TO YOU?
Strength to me is:
…the ability to slow down and savor daily life
…the mental fortitude it takes to put on a good attitude every day
…the pounding my legs can take in my pursuit of physical endurance
…the humility to know that every day is a day in which I can learn from others
…the pursuit of personal empowerment
…the mindset of inner confidence
…the patience in walking through seasons of life
…the pursuit of excellence rather than perfection
…the ability to love even when it hurts
…the practice of generosity and grace, even to those who don’t reciprocate
…the act of forgiveness
…the walk of walk in trusting in God’s plan and in His abundance
TWO WAYS TO PURSUE STRONG:
- Start making strength training a priority.
- Establish goals based around strength, not weight.
- Want more confidence and inspiration in your life? Make sure you come like my Facebook Fan page at facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness and go check out my other top-ranked podcast show, Confidence on the Go at www.trishblackwell.com/podcasts
- Tell someone else about this show!
- Excited about this new show? Help me know that by writing a review in iTunes. I promise I personally read each review and that reviews are like little love letters to me.
Now go out there and be more of who you are, be you, be free, be the confident mom that you are meant to be.