Getting Started with Android (Updated 4/12/15)
- Locate and tap the icon called “Play Store” on your main screen
- In the Google Play Bar at the top of the screen type PODCAST REPUBLIC to begin searching for the app.
- Tap the green INSTALL button to download the app.
- Tap ACCEPT to allow the app to access your phone. Then tap OPEN. Tap CLOSE to exit out of the pop-up which explains the latest updates of the app.
- The Navigation screen will display a list which includes subscriptions, category, and favorite….etc. Use your finger to swipe this screen to the left. Or tap CATEGORY.
- From the Category screen, select the magnifying glass icon. Type Trish Blackwell into the search bar. Then tap the magnifying glass at the bottom right of your keypad.
- Select Trish’s Podcast. A pop-up may appear explaining how to use the app. Feel free to read this. Then tap the screen to see Trish’s podcast series. All episodes will be listed from newest to oldest.
- At the top of the screen, locate the icon that looks like a ribbon with a star in it. This is where you subscribe to the podcast. Subscribing automatically collects each available episode in the series as they air.
- To start listening to an episode you must first download them to your phone. There are two ways to do this:
- If you are ready to listen to an episode immediately, tap that episode and select PLAY.
- If you want to store some on your phone to listen later (especially somewhere WITHOUT wireless access) you can tap the icon with a circle and down arrow, on the left side of each episode. This way allows the user to download a few at the same time. The percentage (next to the duration time of the episodes) will increase as it loads until it reaches 100%. A blue inner circle will form around the arrow as well. When it completes, the episode is ready to play.
Welcome to the Be More community!