In this episode of Confidence on the Go, we’re chatting about:
- How to next-level your life and happiness
- Leveling up your dreams and your results
- Living with personal accountability to your high-level thinking
Know your strengths and focus on maximizing them
Work your weaknesses, yes, but work your strengths more
Your strengths are what make you, you!
Also – I have a new free video series, a #QuickConfidenceBoost I put together to celebrate this awesome community milestone together! Grab the videos now and start your #QuickConfidenceBoost! Grab your #QuickConfidenceBoost at www.trishblackwell.com/quickconfidenceboost
As always, a quick hello to all of my Keep the Faith listeners, thanks for being a part of this extended community of contagious encouragement.
I am proud to be an educator and consultant for Beautycounter, a B-Corp company on a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. The lack of regulation in the personal care and cosmetic industry is astounding and it is harming our health in very serious ways. We need more voices to join up on our mission. If you want to put your passion to purpose while being generously compensated, then I would love to start a conversation with you about what it means to be involved in the #saferbeauty tribe that is Beautycounter. Join the movement of #betterbeauty and message me via email to make your voice really resonate for a cause. Shop for your own Beautycounter collection at www.beautycounter.com/trishblackwell
QUOTES ON AMPING UP LIFE:
Accept yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses, your truths, and know what tools you have to fulfill your purpose. –Steve Maraboli
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. –Arnold Schwarzenegger
WHERE TO START:
To Know Your Strengths, Look to Your Struggles
I next-leveled my strengths about ten years ago when I stopped trying to be good at everything and listened to the mentors in my life who told me what they saw in me that was strong and unique. For me, my strengths are focused-energy, massive-action-taking, and authentic enthusiasm for life … the more I was encouraged to just be me, the more I was able to level up my strengths.
What struggles have strengthened you?
What are your top three personal strengths?
What are your top three weaknesses?
Channel Your Power
Know your strengths
Create an inner alter-ego to channel
Repeat truth to yourself
Don’t let false humility keep you from shining
Never apologize for your strengths
Resist the temptation to assume everyone has the same strengths as you – that what you have is “no big deal” … it is a big deal!
LEVELING UP YOUR DREAMS AND CHARACTER
It’s not possible to “level up” your dreams without first leveling up your character, but to level up your character, you have to first know what matters most to you and then to use that information as a compass for how you live life and how you pursue your dream life.
What five character traits matter most to you?!
Love, Kindness, Generosity, Truth, Congruency
Share them – let’s talk about them!
What does next-leveling your dream look like?
Seriously. Let’s talk, next-level (1) dream and (2) dream life.
It’s impossible to reach what you want unless you first define what it is that you want!
LEVELING UP YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS
If you don’t know what is possible for you, then you won’t know what to expect in life. I’ll tell you what I expect of myself in life:
- I expect that I will live by my values – Love, Kindness, Generosity, Truth, Congruency
- I expect that I will love intentionally every day.
- I expect that I will learn something new every day.
- I expect that I will do my best to be my best me every day.
- I expect that I will serve others through my business and efforts.
- I expect that I will do one thing every day that scares me.
- I expect that I will fail, and if I’m not, I’m not trying hard enough.
- I expect that I will experience resistance, but I won’t listen to it.
- I expect that I will live beautifully, more and more by the day.
- I expect that I will love life more when I’m 77 than I do right now.
- I expect that I will not waste any talent, breath or life entrusted to me.
What do you expect of yourself in life?
Write out a list of personal expectations for yourself.
Write out a list of expectations and hopes for your dreams – think big!
What you write should scare you, and if it doesn’t, then you aren’t playing in the right ballpark. Remember, you are willing to do what other people aren’t willing to do – to let your heart actually get engaged and open in life.
What do others expect of you?
- Are you clear in your boundaries – are you allowing toxic people to dictate your expectations?
- Are you stuck because you feel ruled by the schedule of others – remember, you have power and you have more control than you think you do – you just have to be brave enough to have hard conversations?
- Have you shared your personal goals and expectations with those you love?
- Have you dreamed together with someone to paint your expectation of life? (This is something Brandon and I do together frequently – dream together, set expectations for our relationship and interactions, create ideals for how we want to parent, etc.)
- Have you set out financial expectations for yourself – or are you living on the fly and letting money be your boss?
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I’ve been a listener for over a year now, and I often fall off the wagon and then binge listen on a weekend. Being a young entrepreneur with a lot on my plate, your words have both motivated me to take the first step even when I didn’t see the full staircase, and to keep my chin up during the trying times and see the world more clearly, and more joyfully.
I’m looking forward to your Emerge experience when I’m able. It’s something I know that will give me a kickstart to reach the next level of my business, but also how I experience the world of business and *life*.
Keep up the great podcasts! Thoroughly enjoy them here in Canada!